+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: "V" on ABC

Re: "V" on ABC

I checked their schedule for the next two weeks and didn't see it listed (their online program listings). I even looked at titles as they seem to be running Halloween type movie fare during that time. Has anyone been able to find it?

I show V first episode scheduled for Tuesday, November 3, 8/7 pm.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

After the media reports I have been seeing, I really hope this show isn't DOA.
    It's one I've been looking forward to & the previews look great. I'll definitely be watching the premier.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Bearcata to the rescue:

Starting at Sunday, Nov 1st, from 1pm - 3pm part 1 of the original V miniseries will be shown.

Starting on Sunday, Nov 1st, from 3pm to 5pm - part 2 of the original V miniseries will be shown.

V: The Final Battle Show Description, Cast & Crew
    Sunday, Nov 1 at 05:00 pm on the Syfy channel this is a 3 part miniseries

part 1 runs 5pm - 7pm

part 2 runs 7pm - 9pm

part 3 runs 9pm - 11pm

V: The Final Battle Television show - V: The Final Battle TV Show - Yahoo! TV

Buoyed by the enthusiastic response to the two-part 1983 sci-fi adventure about a group of freedom fighters who do battle in Los Angeles with an invading army of aliens from another world professing peace but actually represent a reptilian race with a Nazi-like philosophy, NBC ordered (from a different production company) this three-part continuation of the story. Its equally satisfying reception (rating-wise) encouraged the network to schedule "V" as a weekly series in the 1984-85 season, beginning with a repeat showing of the first ten hours of the saga (the initial movie and the miniseries). Marc Singer and Faye Grant continue as the leaders of the freedom fighters; Jane Badler is the seductive but sinister alien leader. Emmy Award nominations: makeup, special visual effects, and film sound editing.
    Info from both Yahoo TV and TV Guide online TV listings.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-23-2009 at 08:59 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Thanks so much, Bearcata! I checked the Syfy channel listing on my DVR but still didn't see it. Now, I'll set said DVR for a Sunday, Nov. 1 marathon no matter what it says. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3734825;
    Thanks so much, Bearcata! I checked the Syfy channel listing on my DVR but still didn't see it. Now, I'll set said DVR for a Sunday, Nov. 1 marathon no matter what it says. LOL
    I did go to the Syfy tv schedule and it is nonresponsive.

The SyFy marathon finally showed up on my DVR listings this evening for Nov. 1. The reason it runs until 10 PM is that V: The Final Battle is in two parts. There is the two part miniseries - 2 hrs each, then the two part sequel - 2 hrs each.

It may be kind of freaky to watch this then watch the update with all the new bells and whistles on Tuesday Nov 3 on ABC. It was time warping to recently watch DVDs of Escape to Witch Mountain and Race to Witch Mountain back to back.

For all that, I will probably watch both with a view that the new series will throw enough cgi at us to keep us happy.

"v"

When does it start? I remember this show from along time ago, and loved it. I hope this new one is as good.

Re: "v"

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3737204;
    When does it start? I remember this show from along time ago, and loved it. I hope this new one is as good.
    November 3, 2009, Tuesday at 8pm. ABC, it will be the lead in to the DWTS's results show.

I was on the Syfy channel and they were saying that the V marathon will be starting at 12:30pm Sunday.

+ Reply to Thread