+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: "V" on ABC

Re: "V" on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3729952;
    Can't say I put it at the feet of Scott Wolff but I'm still pissy with ABC for how they treated The Nine. Talk about total disrespect for the fans! Now that "V" has been shuttled to Nov and hearing only 4 episodes will be aired instead of the full season (unless I heard wrong / misunderstood) makes me pissy before this show even starts!
    Yes, you have heard correctly, only 4 episodes will air in November. I have no idea if that is because December is holiday month. I know it isn't because of program quality. As mentioned earlier:

E! Online rated the pilot episode "on a scale of 1 to 10, we give it an 11. V is the best pilot we've seen in, well, forever."

USA Today's Robert Bianco named V on his list of the top ten new shows, stating that the remake is well-made and "quickly establishes its own identity."

So, I think we will be enjoying it!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I'm hopeful this will be another most enjoyable scripted show. I'd be taking a look for Elizabeth Mitchell alone, not to mention Morena Baccarin. It's amaing how many careers Firely jump started -- Morena, Adam Baldwin, Nathan Fillion, Adam Tudyk, Summer Glau, Jewel Staite. And, it gave a nice bounce back to Ron Glass, whom I hadn't seen in a really major role since his Barney Miller Days.

I'm not including Sean Maher because he hasn't done gotten all that much work since Serenity, though he was in the pilot of Drop Dead Diva. Also not including Gina Torres, who was pretty well known and successful pre-Firefly.

Most shows go on a winter hiatus during December what with all the college and pro football playoffs and bowl games plus the New Year celebration shows. I'm guess that's why they will air only for the November sweeps. I don't like it, but it's not unexpected. I don't think they wanted to wait until January.

Color me hopeful.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I canceled the Netflix order for the series as I only have to wait two more weeks for my birthday present. I'm so excited for this series and really hope it doesn't fall into a soap opera as Fast Forward is threatening to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3731318;
    I canceled the Netflix order for the series as I only have to wait two more weeks for my birthday present. I'm so excited for this series and really hope it doesn't fall into a soap opera as Fast Forward is threatening to do.
    I can't wait till this show starts. It looks very interesting and I did not know this was a remake of a miniseries. Anyways definitely looks awesome!

The Amazing Race Fast Forward and Flash Forward. A funny slip

Quote Originally Posted by teddyray110;3731374;
    I can't wait till this show starts. It looks very interesting and I did not know this was a remake of a miniseries. Anyways definitely looks awesome!

The Amazing Race Fast Forward and Flash Forward. A funny slip
    Seeing as how I really enjoyed the TAR fast forward during this week's episode, it's not surprising I would substitute for a show I'm beginning to find bogging down in soap bubbles.

Check out the Syfy networks tv schedule next week they will be showing the original V miniseries from 1984 (?) with Marc Singer (aka The Beast Master).
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

If they are only showing 4 shows, and then putting it on hold until March, I might as well wait until March because you know they are going to replay the first 4 to remind people or get more viewers. It will be too annoying to watch 4 and get hooked, only to have to wait months to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3733794;
    If they are only showing 4 shows, and then putting it on hold until March, I might as well wait until March because you know they are going to replay the first 4 to remind people or get more viewers. It will be too annoying to watch 4 and get hooked, only to have to wait months to see more.
    I don't think they will replay all 4 episodes again, they are expected to just continue with the series, but you can probably watch them online if they do not offer a summary.

Although they (ABC) also did that (postponed the remaining episodes) with "Defying Gravity" and they no longer make all of those episodes previously shown, available online anymore, just the last 4 or 5 - I had to find the pilot on another website.
    They are having trouble finding room to slot/schedule all of the shows into. Well, that was what they said about Defying Gravity - (an incredible show that is centered in years 2049 - 2052 of Astronauts heading to planets Mars and Venus to retrieve what appears to be alien life form) a show which probably no one has ever heard of......... but, I love the cast and have really become addicted to it.... online. Canada has continued to air the remaining episodes, and I have managed to catch up.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3733784;
    Check out the Syfy networks tv schedule next week they will be showing the original V miniseries from 1984 (?) with Marc Singer (aka The Beast Master).
    Thanks, Bearcata, I will.

It is disappointing that only four episodes will air - November sweeps - after all...then disappear for a couple of months. It's kind of like cable series that start in odd seasons, and if you don't look for them you miss the start at least. Most annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3733784;
    EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I luv the cheestastic 80s-ness of Marc Singer!!
    (Beastmaster is best but I'll take V too)

Plus - Robert Englund & Michael Ironside!!!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread