+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: "V" on ABC

Re: "V" on ABC

Erica coming into work and in the middle of the morning told she is to do the security on a big charity event that night. Ryan visits Anna and told he must have the information about the 5th Column by the end of the day. Who writes this crap. These deadline are ridiculous giving a person basically 6 to 8 hours to accomplish what should take 3 to 6 months to do. Then there is Tyler vandalizing a church because the pastor speaks out against the Visitors. This kid is a wimp, a wuss, empty headed and very brainwashed and too stupid to live. That Lisa finds him interesting is due the actress being able to act. Tyler's character is only notable for being the writer's puppet to move the story along.. Oh, the Vatican bending to Anna's will and making up their minds that quickly. Uh,uh, NEVER going to happen. It is very obvious that the writers have no talent, no direction and assume that the audience will believe anything if it is labeled scifi.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Finished watching Unholy Alliance, Concordia, Siege. I always felt that the suicide bombing and killing the peace embassadors was stupid and the tactics stupid. Eli, who was head of that faction of the 5th Column was a former Mossad agent and a very well off business man. He is not stupid yet his tactics do not reflect that. Suicide bombers really in this country? Really? The Visitors haven't been here long enough and have not done anything to warrant that level of crazy. I can't see normal level headed Americans doing something like that. Then watching the Siege episode and watching Eli not have a secondary or tertiary escape plan. Don't think so.

Watching the hostages leave the building and then get shot at both the 5th column and the FBI was laughable. The entire scene made no sense. The snipers on both sides are elevated and yet they are taking pot shots at unarmed hostages. Totally unbelievable. I even laughed out loud watching the scene it was done so poorly.

Then there was the church asking Jack to leave the priesthood. The Vatican never does anything that quickly. How the heck did they even now about his involvement. The FBI told on him. If the church can hide pedophiles in their system for decades they would not act that quickly over a priest who spoke against the Visitors.

Watching Tyler is extremely painful, as he is only a tool of the writers and is not even a fully developed character. He blamed his mom for his dad's death. Why? Then he blows off Lisa in one episode and totally shows up to beat up one of her other suitors. This show and this character have no internal logic and it is painful to watch. What is even worse is Anna willing to kill off Lisa who she needs very soon to propagate the species and depending on a backup egg and an accelerated growth experiment that has never been done before and the results not known?

Another thing that does irritate me about this show is that the writers put forth the concept that humans are so easily led by the church and the media.

After watching the train wreck this series has become you want the network to cancel it.

The finale, Ryan killed by his daughter. Chad taken away by Anna's security team. Hobb's just disappears. Diane tailed to death. Tyler's throat slashed wide open. Looks as if the producers/writers were major cleaning house to introduce new characters. So why didn't they get rid of Erica? At times her character was as bad a Tyler's. One moment lets kill everyone who cares about the consequences and the next puling out the "kill no innocents" card. Where were they going with this story?

How in the heck do the Visitors fit into human skin with all those extra leg joints that also point in different directions than human joints?

I can understand why they cancelled this show.

it doesn't matter anymore anyway..the show is cancelled
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    it doesn't matter anymore anyway..the show is cancelled
    So we are only allowed to post comments about the show when it is on the air and not when the individual actually watches it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    So we are only allowed to post comments about the show when it is on the air and not when the individual actually watches it?
    no I am sorry didn't mean for that to sound the way it did...I was just responding to what I thought was someone comments on why the writers did this or did that and how different the storyline could have been and if they had brought someone in sooner it might have been saved

sorry if I offened you really...never intented too....it frustrates me too..I loved the show but it seems like everytime I love a show that means it won't make it and it just seems like the last several years shows that have anything that I would call sci-fi theme to them don't make it at all...

in fact none of the major networks have come up with winners..or what they consider to be a winner in several years...me I thought they have had numerous shows that could have made it if just given a bit of time..to me a perfect example of this is Supernatural..it had its followers but wasn't a huge ratings show until like the 4th season..then all of a sudden it just exploded and everyone was/is watching the re runs that run in the mornings...myself included...I just think if the networks would give these shows a bit more time it would work out better...Jericho and Moonlight are 2 that come to mind but there are many many more

it seems like cw sci fi amc and other channels like that are all coming up with the shows people want to watch

personally IMO they need to come up with a new way to gather ratings for shows...its not like it was in the 70's and the first part of the 80's before we had VCR's and stuff....most people have busy lives and dont' actually watch a show when it comes on at its regular time unless its there one major favorite show...but now there are soooooooooo many other ways a person can see an episode of a show they missed the next day or the next week and these people in most cases are not counted in the ratings which is bad for the show it doesn't show a true dynamic of the viewership
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 08-14-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    no I am sorry didn't mean for that to sound the way it did...I was just responding to what I thought was someone comments on why the writers did this or did that and how different the storyline could have been and if they had brought someone in sooner it might have been saved

sorry if I offened you really...never intented too....it frustrates me too..I loved the show but it seems like everytime I love a show that means it won't make it and it just seems like the last several years shows that have anything that I would call sci-fi theme to them don't make it at all...

in fact none of the major networks have come up with winners..or what they consider to be a winner in several years...me I thought they have had numerous shows that could have made it if just given a bit of time..to me a perfect example of this is Supernatural..it had its followers but wasn't a huge ratings show until like the 4th season..then all of a sudden it just exploded and everyone was/is watching the re runs that run in the mornings...myself included...I just think if the networks would give these shows a bit more time it would work out better...Jericho and Moonlight are 2 that come to mind but there are many many more

it seems like cw sci fi amc and other channels like that are all coming up with the shows people want to watch

personally IMO they need to come up with a new way to gather ratings for shows...its not like it was in the 70's and the first part of the 80's before we had VCR's and stuff....most people have busy lives and dont' actually watch a show when it comes on at its regular time unless its there one major favorite show...but now there are soooooooooo many other ways a person can see an episode of a show they missed the next day or the next week and these people in most cases are not counted in the ratings which is bad for the show it doesn't show a true dynamic of the viewership
    Thanks for clearing that up. I too fall under that category of falling in love with a show and it goes south really quick or it gets cancelled. I remember that one year when Invasion and Surface and another scifi show was on as well as Lost and I had to make a hard decision what to watch. So I decided to watch Invasion, which was quite good and Surface with I hated and both were cancelled after one season. That brilliant decision by the networks drove me to reality tv shows because I didn't have to invest that much time and energy into them and could walk away after one season without regret.

+ Reply to Thread