+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: "V" on ABC

Re: "V" on ABC

I hope they keep it too, I think I read that it was supposed to be a 3 season arc.

ABC has had a few of their new shows bomb, so they might just keep it even though the ratings aren't stellar.

FORT Fogey

"V" is one of 7 prime time ABC shows to have been cancelled. Phooey, it was just getting good!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    "V" is one of 7 prime time ABC shows to have been cancelled. Phooey, it was just getting good!
    I'm really bummed. I wish they'd sprung Marc Singer on us earlier than they did.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    well it figures..every time I like a show it gets cancelled
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

so that's it??? we don't get an ending????

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets View Post
    so that's it??? we don't get an ending????
    do we ever..the only recent show I can think of that we got what we wanted was Jericho and thats cause the whole country sent about 20 tons of nuts to CBS
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Just finished watching the first 7 episodes of season 1.

Impressions:

Tyler is a total wuss. Can't stand the character.

Morena Baccarin - excellent as Anna

Georgie - felt the writers threw away the character.

Watching it back to back like I am you want to see more revealed each episode.

Chad - reminds me of Michael J Fox, in the nose mouth area.

On the other hand nice to see the writers using throwaway characters.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Boy, you can start punching holes in some of the story lines. Seriously, Ryan had to ask Erica to track Val through the GPS on Val's cell phone and it took like half the day. Please. Then there was the human sniper, who felt he had to kill people that might or might not be hurting the V. First of all, I would never be a hired killer for a doctor who saved my life or my child's life. That's stupid. Don't get me started on the Church of V...how some idiot relates angels to spaceships I don't know.

Just finished season 1.

Why does Erica use her personal/work phone to contact the Fifth Column? Shouldn't she be using a untraceable thowaway? You would think the V would be monitoring cell phones.

Does anyone else think Tyler has the maturity of a needy 5 yr old?

Does Jack realize that untraceable note busted the Fifth Column on board? How exactly did it bust the Fifth Column?? That entire scenario seemed stupid.

Then we have Anna's tail? Oh, why were all the captains portrayed as men when earlier in the season you saw female captains. Why are all the positions of power held by men when this is obviously a matriarchal society?

The story lines are starting to go downhill.

Oh, the baby poking it's tail out of that conveniently placed hole in its swaddling was a bit much.

I have heard some bad sermons in my life and nobody walked out of the church. That was so lame seeing the church empty out during Jack's sermon. Do these writers even have a clue as to what goes on in a church?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 08-11-2011 at 10:43 AM.

What were the writers thinking putting Anna on the emotions reside in the soul BS? How the heck does Tyler even know Father Jack. First of all he is a self adsorbed teenager, interested in Lisa, going to school and doing Peace Ambassador work when does he even have time to talk to his mom or even be anywhere near Father Jack? Where the heck does Erica even think she runs the 5th column and is it's conscience and moral arbitrator? How stupid was it of Father Jack to expose his entire cell to Chad? Let's not even start on the viral you tube video of Jack fighting. First of all I don't think Jack is the only religious person speaking out for or against the Visitors. To target one person is ridiculous. This show is falling apart. As bad as the original V series was at least they had a coherent theme as far as the Resistance fighting the V not this mishmash.

+ Reply to Thread