+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "V" on ABC

Re: "V" on ABC

November is one of the "sweeps months" per year. Hence,, the decision to air it then.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3725540;
    Define Network Scheduling: a deep dark morass of confusion and chaos where logic and common sense and viewer happiness does not exist.
    Ain't that the truth!!!

Hackneyed scheduling is why I gave up on Heroes in Season 1. It was too much work to keep up with which week was a new ep and which was a repeat. I really hope they don't do that with V.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

How awesome is this! I hope they keep the original theme music...well, they should obviously update it but keep the idea...it was perfect for V!
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

I can't wait for this one. I loved the original mini series.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Okay, so when I thought I was remembering and commenting on this show in another thread, I was actually remembering Alien Nation. Anyway, I don't remember the mini series but I found the regular series shows on Netflix and will start receiving them next week. Though after reading your comments, maybe I'll cancel that order and just wait for the new and improved version. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3729243;
    Okay, so when I thought I was remembering and commenting on this show in another thread, I was actually remembering Alien Nation. Anyway, I don't remember the mini series but I found the regular series shows on Netflix and will start receiving them next week. Though after reading your comments, maybe I'll cancel that order and just wait for the new and improved version. LOL
    If you can get the mini series on Netflix I do recommend that you watch that. Diana was one evil alien.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3729243;
    yeah the regular tv series sucked

the mini series is better

keep in mind, watching it nowadays though either way it will be a bit cheesy

btw, i have the Alien Nation TV series + movies on DVD and it's funny because I was watching the tv series not to long ago and spotted young "Rose" from LOST

seen a young actress who looked familiar, but couldn't quite place her... then it finally hit me

I don't know if I'll be able to get into this or not. I'm really not a fan of Scott Wolf (I hold him partly responsible for the failure of The Nine ). I just can't get past his smarmy expressions and his voice grates on my nerves.

I'll give the first episode a shot and see how I feel afterward. If I can overlook David Caruso on CSI:Miami I guess I can try to overlook Scott Wolf in this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3729535;
    I don't know if I'll be able to get into this or not. I'm really not a fan of Scott Wolf (I hold him partly responsible for the failure of The Nine ). I just can't get past his smarmy expressions and his voice grates on my nerves.

I'll give the first episode a shot and see how I feel afterward. If I can overlook David Caruso on CSI:Miami I guess I can try to overlook Scott Wolf in this.
    wow, thought it was just me

i can't even stand looking at the guy, maybe it's something about his height and teeth but he annoys me

i hated the 9 and him in there irritated me even more; think i blasted him in that thread

hopefully his role is limited

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Can't say I put it at the feet of Scott Wolff but I'm still pissy with ABC for how they treated The Nine. Talk about total disrespect for the fans! Now that "V" has been shuttled to Nov and hearing only 4 episodes will be aired instead of the full season (unless I heard wrong / misunderstood) makes me pissy before this show even starts!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread