+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: "V" on ABC

Re: "V" on ABC

There is talk that V won't be picked up for Fall 2011.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4191252;
    There is talk that V won't be picked up for Fall 2011.
    I'm sorry to hear that, but at the same time, ever since the show returned from hiatus, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. We saw an armada waiting to invade before the hiatus ... where is it? What's happening with it? We keep hearing now that the V's want Earthlings for breeding ... so what's happening with that? Is it underway or just talk? There just seem to be a lot of foreshadowings without fast enough plot development to hold viewer interest.

It's really stalled since it's been back and I am not at all surprised that it may not be picked up. There was concern even before it went on hiatus (hence the hiatus). I realize that it cannot move from everyone loving the V to hating them, but they seem to spend multiple episodes on one topic/thing and then drop it the next.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Nooooo!!!! Just when Diana & Lisa are about to team up - they could be a good team to oust Anna. I hope it won't get cancelled - I'd rather see them pitch Off the Map if they're going to get rid of any shows...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Is anyone still watching??? Just when it's starting to really pick up, they say next week is the season finale!!

I am so curious to see where things go - I reallllly hope the show doesn't get cancelled!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Why did they ruin this show? It had such promise and seemed like it would be really good, but the writers have totally screwed it up! The story goes nowhere! And the storyline that is there is getting more lame by the episode. What is the crap about the human soul? And, what about Erica becoming a complete merciless person who doesn't care about killing thousands of people now? And, the mother in the bowels of the ship? Give me a break! She looks and acts like an 80's throw-back from Dynasty.

Oh, and the new, young guy who plays the scientist - what a terrible actor!

My only hope is that they fix these problems quick and give something big in the story to make people want to watch!

And, the mother in the bowels of the ship? Give me a break! She looks and acts like an 80's throw-back from Dynasty.
    Ummmm - hello.... she IS! That is the actress who played the leader of the Vs in the original series in the 80s. I think it's awesome they brought her back as continuity from the original.

Oh, and the new, young guy who plays the scientist - what a terrible actor!
    He must not be too bad since he was on Reaper and is also going to be on the new show with Christian Slater. I like him but think he does better at comedy.

I am still watching and my problem is that the humans never seem to make any progress. They need at least one small victory to help us stay vested. I don't like that every time they try something it backfires on them.

I missed last week though - did Erica and Hobbes shack up??? She's gonna hate herself for that if she ever finds out that he was the catalyst that led to Joe getting killed.

Yay for Joshua getting his memory back! That was awesome (plus, he's hot!). Marcus is suspecting of Anna now thanks to his conversation with Diana. And Anna does seem to be having some emotional issues. Loved the Bliss scenes though. Morena B. certainly commits to her acting.

FORT Fogey

Yup, Erica and Hobbes got it on! I was surprised to see that next week will be the season finale. They ended the last season with the shot of all the ships out there waiting to invade and now they're just getting back to that after all these episodes. I was confused by Ryan most of this season ... he's 5th Column, he's with the Vs, no he's 5th column again. Now there's finally going to be an attempt to oust Anna and poof, the season's over! This show needs some new writers or a better sense of direction. Plus, all Anna's talk against human emotion is a bit ironic since she's pretty angry all the time. Isn't anger a human emotion?

I've watched this whole show & now I'm just hoping that they cancel it. It started off with alot of promise, but it just goes nowhere now. If they keep showing it, I'll keep watching it, even if it stinks.
    I am worried that they are going to kill off the young science guy, since he's going to be on the Christian Slater show. I actually thought he would somehow die last night during the blue light fiasco.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I really like this show and hope they do not cancel...according to the ratings it is on the cusp and unless it puts up huge numbers next week will probably be cancelled along with Off the Map.

This show had so much promise and they destroyed it by never giving the humans a chance! Every time we/they try something it doesnt work out....and that does NOT promote emotional investment from the viewers. You have to make the audience feel victorious and happy--not like doom is inevitable.

+ Reply to Thread