+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: "V" on ABC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: "V" on ABC

Yeah, egg laying was my image also... She even said my EGGS need food as she prepared to eat their "dad".
    Someone asked above who Lisa's dad is.... my guess, not around any more!
    So now wondering, can she lay 10,000 male only eggs....all soldiers like the father seemed to be? Does she only lay a few female eggs or did her daughter kill off the competition when they were younger?
    Are all the other V's her children from previous matings? Even the 5th columnists, who all seem to be male so far?

YIKES ... the ending ... those teeth ...
    KAREN

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3868090;
    YIKES ... the ending ... those teeth ...
    Like I said! Can't say you weren't warned!
    Makes the original V look pretty tame!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3868095;
    Like I said! Makes the original V look pretty tame!
    I guess so!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Ugh, I wonder what the 5th column guy's wife is carrying around inside of her? Can hardly wait for the ultrasound. Actually, they would have to forgo the ultrasound ... can you imagine the reaction from the doctor? I wonder what they're gonna do? Hopefully the wife won't just spontaneously decide to get the ultrasound without telling him.

Will we see Anna laying her eggs and what hatches out of them? This is really getting creepy. I did not see the original and have no idea how it ended, or how this version might. Seems pretty impossible for the humans to defeat that huge armada and all the advanced technology.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I also wonder how long the eggs have to incubate, how long after they hatch until maturity...will the 5th column sabotage the hatchery?

FORT Regular

Well, maybe I shouldn't be surprised there has been no new posts here in over a week. The writing on V has been terrible! I was so frustrated with the last episode that I began complaining at the television and my husband (who wanted to watch without my exasperated interjections) suggested I vent my thoughts here!

First of all, if the 5th column wanted to expose the Vs, they have an extremely easy solution. Get one of the 5th column lizards to go on national tv and "skin" his arm. That should wake up the population quickly. Do that a few more times around the world, post a ton of youtube videos, and that should go viral in no time. The FBI chick and crew are acting like they have no options and no way to "warn" the people. Rolls eyes.

Secondly, that storyline with the FBI mother and her son - and her feeling bad about leaving her son with his biological (?) father for what... the weekend? A month? Big deal! The kid is like 17 years old and the mom starts blathering about how she has abandoned her kid. No one in the real world feels that way about 17 year olds - she didn't abandon the kid in a junkyard heap or on another planet. She simply went upstate to visit the kid's father, the kid was eager to stay, and mom is feeling shredded?

And how about the 5th column scene up on the big spaceship. They have 3 minutes to chat and strategize before having to quickly move on and the conversation basically goes like this: "We need an army." "We have one." "How many?" "Enough." What?!?!?!?!?! I'd shoot my second in command if he couldn't talk in some hard numbers there. What kind of imbeciles waste their time like that?

And Ryan. I just don't like his character but I believe the writers are expecting the audience to be sympathetic toward him. What kind of person (lizard?) puts someone he LOVES in physical danger via an alien pregnancy and then once her vital signs go wacky (not to mention she already has a heart condition!) still doesn't tell her about what is really growing inside of her? Ryan is portrayed as heroic male lead - but he's really a creepy abuser in my book.

I would be fine if the writers were trying to create a morally ambiguous, hard-to-like hero - but I'm fairly certain that is not their intent and I'm writhing at the clumsy handling of this storyline.

And all the scenes in the church. Does Father Jack really have nothing better to do than move hymnals from one pew to the next? I've never met a priest who hung out doing nothing all day in the middle of his pews day after day after day. This is the most unrealistic portrayal of a priest's life... perhaps the writers need to shadow a real parish priest for a few days so that the writing can be a teensy bit more realistic. It is fine if a priest goes nuts and joins up with the FBI in an off-the-books alien hunt... but at least get SOMETHING right about how this would appear to his parishioners and *multiple* overseers in the hierarchy.

And could we get some more depth on the moral dilemmas? Battlestar Galactica got it right.

Why do I keep watching? Hubby likes it. I do enjoy the CGI'd ships. But at this point my enjoyment is trashtalking it. But I'd much rather just have the writers all get fired and start anew.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I haven't watched the last episode yet... still sitting on my tape pile...which says something right there...but re the baby daddy lizard guy, to be somewhat fair to him he did say at one point that they were told interbreeding was impossible. Of course that doesn't excuse his behavior now that the pregnancy is here.... I don't know what he is waiting for....it's not like his secret isn't going to be outed as soon as there's a sonogram I'd guess, so I would think it would be better to tell her now when he can control the story so to speak than on the operating table. As you say, not very heroic behavior.
    And I agree, they could just rip some skin off one of the 5th column people on TV....but my impression is they think then the Vs will just blast the earth into submission... so somehow they have to get rid of the Vs without involving the humans officially.

I think, from the previews for this week, the show is setting up Ryan's girlfriend to be something other than what she appears. And that is likely why they've prolonged the storyline. The one thing I will say is that the doctor, V or not, telling the girlfriend that her ultrasound was totally normal for a 6-week pregnancy was totally wrong. Even though the images shown were not hers, that was clearly more like 12-14 week timeframe. A 6-week u/s would typically have shown a sac and a heartbeat and that's it.

Also, what is the big "secret" with Tyler? Is Krycek not really his father? Something to explain why the Vs are so interested in him.

And finally, poor Georgie. I didn't like him getting tortured and I hope they can stage an exciting rescue of him soon.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Hope this hasn't already been asked, but has anyone from the L.A. area noticed that the building used to depict the Catholic Church in the series, bears a strong resemblance to the Church of Scientology building in L.A?
    Last edited by Susan Elizabeth; 04-14-2010 at 03:44 AM.
    Susan

+ Reply to Thread