+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 228

Thread: "V" on ABC

  1. #121
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,395

    Re: "V" on ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3759989;
    Have never even heard of clothing being "optional," either on the part of the practitioner or the person being treated. There is no need for that. Folks, if you ever get a Reiki treatment and the practitioner starts to get naked or asks you if you want to take your clothes off, leave!
    Hi Lucky, it was meant tongue in cheek because there is no need to take your clothes off, but it wouldn't matter if you did. I'm Level II. (Folks, also no need for the practitioner to lay hands directly on you if you don't want them to - that's another excuse to leave!)

    So Lucky, did you have any sense whether it was her energy (which would mean it was not reiki) or whether she was channeling it? If V stays on the air and we learn more about the lizards spiritual inclinations, I wonder if they will broach the lizards beliefs about higher powers.

  2. #122
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: "V" on ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3760084;
    Hi Lucky, it was meant tongue in cheek because there is no need to take your clothes off, but it wouldn't matter if you did. I'm Level II. (Folks, also no need for the practitioner to lay hands directly on you if you don't want them to - that's another excuse to leave!)

    So Lucky, did you have any sense whether it was her energy (which would mean it was not reiki) or whether she was channeling it? If V stays on the air and we learn more about the lizards spiritual inclinations, I wonder if they will broach the lizards beliefs about higher powers.
    I disagree with one statement you made. I think it would matter if you took your clothes off because it is so totally uncalled for that there would have to be a pretty peculiar and possibly unsavory reason for it that has no place in a legitimate Reiki session.

    Moving on, there are many other forms of channeling or sharing energy. Many people seem to think any channeling or therapeutic giving of energy to another is Reiki, when in fact it is not. I really can't say from what we were shown whether it was Anna's own energy she was sharing, or whether she was channeling it from a higher source. Probably, at least at this point, we are being led to believe it is her own energy. Perhaps we will learn more when the series resumes, which I wish was not so many months away!

  3. #123
    Hey you! MiaT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    1,541

    Re: "V" on ABC

    Another thought - are we to assume the Bliss message transmits over extreme distance to even reach the rest of the V fleet? Before the Vs came to earth were the sleeper cell Vs receiving the Bliss messages from Anna when she was out in space? Is Anna the only V who can create the Bliss? If so, does that tie in to the "Queen Bee" concept where perhaps she is not only the supreme leader but also possibly mother to all the Vs?

    I am really looking forward to the "big reveal" where we get to see some guinea pig eating and/or the giant freezer room of human food storage.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

  4. #124
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,395

    Re: "V" on ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3760119;
    I disagree with one statement you made. I think it would matter if you took your clothes off because it is so totally uncalled for that there would have to be a pretty peculiar and possibly unsavory reason for it that has no place in a legitimate Reiki session.
    You're perhaps forgetting reiki self-treatments. Most of mine are after I crawl into bed. The room where I had the attunements (and where we then did practice treatments on each other) was freezing - removing clothes wasn't optional then - I piled on everything I had brought with me.

    In the V segment, Anna was by herself and there was some level of preparation involved. She is a lizard and lizards don't usually wear clothes (I'm making an assumption about V lizards), so the more natural way of her extending bliss may have been reverting to a more V lizard form, without the human entrapments.

    I don't think that is what the program had in mind though. She was more like a goddess with the clothes shed, and I think that is the effect they were aiming for.

    MiaT2, the bliss is apparently an energy medicine/transmission, which would have the ability to reach a long ways off very quickly.
    Last edited by Brooks; 12-01-2009 at 12:31 PM.

  5. #125
    signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,558

    Re: "V" on ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3760125;
    Another thought - are we to assume the Bliss message transmits over extreme distance to even reach the rest of the V fleet? Before the Vs came to earth were the sleeper cell Vs receiving the Bliss messages from Anna when she was out in space? Is Anna the only V who can create the Bliss? If so, does that tie in to the "Queen Bee" concept where perhaps she is not only the supreme leader but also possibly mother to all the Vs?
    I am really looking forward to the "big reveal" where we get to see some guinea pig eating and/or the giant freezer room of human food storage.
    Interesting idea! In the old series, the leader, Diana, was just a leader (who was the girlfriend of the real leader of the v's), and she would get nervous if it seemed she was losing power. But, this leader, Anna, seems completely different. And, the bliss thing is totally new.

    I also agree with your last comment - bring on the buffet!!

  6. #126
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,854

    Re: "V" on ABC

    I agree the sonogram is going to be really interesting--and that's something they didn't have back in the days of the original V, whereas now everyone "routinely" has a sonogram....so no super surprises like the boy twin from last time. Maybe it wouldn't pick up the girl twin with her forked tongue, but the boy would probably have looked abnormal enough to show up.

  7. #127
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: "V" on ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3760134;
    You're perhaps forgetting reiki self-treatments. Most of mine are after I crawl into bed. The room where I had the attunements (and where we then did practice treatments on each other) was freezing - removing clothes wasn't optional then - I piled on everything I had brought with me.
    I wasn't "forgetting" ... I don't know of anyone who does self-treatment naked, either. Removing clothes for Reiki has never been optional under any circumstances when Reiki is done by a legitimate, professional, and experienced practitioner. You seem to be obsessed by this "clothing optional" thing, so I'm done with this topic. I only commented in the first place because I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about Reiki from your post. Enough.

  8. #128
    Forum Assistant Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,785

    Re: "V" on ABC

    Her Bliss was all about grounding in the present and seeking warmth and light. I had an image of lizards sleeping on a sunny and warm rock. They did show a V in what could have been Tibet receiving it, so I'm thinking it does transmit to all Vs no matter their location. It was almost religious, wasn't it? She entered a private chamber flooded with light energy streams which were centered in the middle of an engraving. I, too, think she took on a Goddess role with that scene.

    Ahhh, give me bliss.

    The mother/son dynamic so speaks to the teenage/busy parent years. Their relationship is like the relationship in Flash Forward where another FBI agent neglects his family during a crisis and may pay for it. As she surmised, the Vs calculate the odds of success based on human predictability, and I think that is why Anna thinks the boy is perfect. Doesn't hurt that his mother is a leader of the resistance. LOL

    The armada was chilling. Will they re-start the series in four months with that shot? They should.

    Remember back in the first episode, I think, where the fifth column followed another leader? Is that the John May who is their rallying cry? It was mentioned that there was a power struggle on their home planet...so whose fleet is heading toward earth...those loyal to Anna or someone else?

    Long wait for any sort of answers. I need some more Bliss to get me through.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-02-2009 at 01:37 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  9. #129
    Helplessly Hoping AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,879

    Re: "V" on ABC

    The Bliss struck me more as a drug/cult affect.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

  10. #130
    Hey you! MiaT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    1,541

    Re: "V" on ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3760706;
    The Bliss struck me more as a drug/cult affect.
    That's how it appeared to me too. A way to bind the underlings to the leader and keep them in line. That's why I thought it was interesting that they showed Joshua receiving it <- it definitely looked like he was trying to resist.

    so whose fleet is heading toward earth...those loyal to Anna or someone else?
    I think Anna because it seemed very telling as she was on the "bridge" with Lisa and Tyler <- they were both looking down on the city, while she gazed upwards in a very purposeful/meaningful way. I took it to mean she knew they were there.

    BUT - who knows - the show could just be trying to keep us all guessing!!!!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.