+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three Rivers on CBS

Three Rivers on CBS

Serious? There's no thread yet? I searched and didn't find one.

I think I like this show. I like Alex O'Loughlin, especially after his Criminal Minds episode last spring.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Re: Three Rivers on CBS

I thought this was pretty good...much better than the other two new medical shows this season (Mercy and Trauma). Will definitely give it a few more weeks to see where it goes.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Seeing Alex O'Loughlin back on screen was a most enjoyable pleasure.

Wondering if TPTB will give it a chance to succeed. They've got it stacked up against football right now. If you aren't a sports fan (or if you aren't a fan of the two teams playing on Sunday night) THREE RIVERS is most definitely the best show on.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

To the Point

I really want to like this show. I like the premise. I watched last night and just felt like something wasn't working. I'm not sure what, but something. I hope that whatever it was rectifies itself because, beyond Amazing Race, Sunday is sadly lacking in good shows.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3718572;
    I really want to like this show. I like the premise. I watched last night and just felt like something wasn't working. I'm not sure what, but something. I hope that whatever it was rectifies itself because, beyond Amazing Race, Sunday is sadly lacking in good shows.
    How about when the patient with the brand new heart transplant woke up to the an unmasked doctor holding her hand with an ungloved hand while another patient strolls her hallway? What happened to keeping an organ transplant patient germ free? Has a new technology come out that I am totally unaware of? That hospital is extremely high tech, so maybe? Also, they seem to spend a lot of money on conference room presentation aids, hopefully the medical equipment is as state of the art also. The organ transport team was kind of cavalier and casual also. And how does a show strictly about organ transplantation maintain compelling stories after 8 or 10? The audience may become numb. This is a very glossy show so far.

How about when the patient with the brand new heart transplant woke up to the an unmasked doctor holding her hand with an ungloved hand while another patient strolls her hallway? What happened to keeping an organ transplant patient germ free? Has a new technology come out that I am totally unaware of? That hospital is extremely high tech, so maybe? Also, they seem to spend a lot of money on conference room presentation aids, hopefully the medical equipment is as state of the art also. The organ transport team was kind of cavalier and casual also. And how does a show strictly about organ transplantation maintain compelling stories after 8 or 10? The audience may become numb. This is a very glossy show so far.
    I wanted to like this show, I really did. But I expect the medicine part to be correct...

- the patient should have woken up in the ICU...like twochiclets said, unmasked doctor? open doorway? no masks? And there didn't seem to be enough tubes and things for such a serious surgery...

- pregnancy is pretty well documented in lots of places. A fetus delivered at 28 weeks would be tiny...really tiny. 1-2 pounds tiny. I know they don't like showing the "true" picture of childbirth on TV shows (the baby should have been covered in lanugo..."premie hair"), but there's no way a premie could cry like that. And no way the dad would have been able to hold him, either...way too many things to be monitored when a baby is born that early.

<sigh>

One other thing...there are several body parts that can be transplanted (heart, lung, kidney, etc). My understanding is that transplant doctors specialize...that is, a doctor that transplants kidneys doesn't also transplant hearts. I was hoping to see different stories about transplants...for example, living donors for kidneys and livers.

(Funny aside...at the beginning, when the guy fell after walking across that board? I was expecting detectives to show up. I obviously watch way too many "law and order" or CSI type shows :-) )

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You know the way they are promoting Alex as the next hot thing just makes me sad that that vampire show got cancelled all over again. Now that was a show that was working! Instead they stick him in yet another medical drama... and I agree with twochicklets---how many transplant stories can you do?

I liked the show, but I did find it pretty unrealistic and overly idealistic. The part with the woman's childbirth and survival, as others mentioned, did not seem at all real. And, in light of the very real problems that people are having who actually have healthcare, I think it was pretty irresponsible to portray the man from Omaha, a person with a very sad story, but albeit having No healthcare, to be prtrayed as somebody whom the doctor is going to get a transplant for, was totally unrealistic and disturbing.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I really enjoyed this show. Way better than the other medical shows that have come out this year. I will definitely be giving this another viewing.

TV babies of generally HUGE. During the episode, I even said, "Okay, now show us the giant baby" before that GIANT baby came into the frame!

I gave it a chance but, honestly, it's pretty mediocre and formulaic. Alex O'Loughlin is pretty to look at and I love Alfre Woodard but, unless this one improves A LOT and quickly, I'm sure it's headed for cancellation.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast