+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three Rivers on CBS

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: Three Rivers on CBS

Did anyone watch tonight's episode with guest star Mandy Patinkin? The end had me bawling.
    Wake up and be awesome

I was tearing up too, Ashley. Glad I had a box of tissues right next to me!

I got a call right as the show started and I missed it! Mandy is one of my favorites, so I'm going to have to watch the epi online.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3751095;
    Did anyone watch tonight's episode with guest star Mandy Patinkin? The end had me bawling.
    My whole family has been pretty underwhelmed by this show. However, tonight we were all amazed at how much we enjoyed the show. Mandy was amazing. Of course, he's an amazing actor.

My whole family has been pretty underwhelmed by this show. However, tonight we were all amazed at how much we enjoyed the show. Mandy was amazing. Of course, he's an amazing actor.
    I think it's getting better, and I think last night's show will really get people thinking. As someone who will need a transplant at some point, it's great that this show promotes the ideals behind transplanting...things like it's a gift. What was especially nice last night was when Dr. Andy realized that "quality of life" means more than breathing.

(And it was nice that Mandy's character had O neg blood ;-) )

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

OMG Mandy deserves an emmy nod for guest star. He was amazing. It really made you think - he really not only wanted to help people, but kick ALS' ass.

As a person whose friend died last month after pulmonary hypertension and a double lung transplant, I really find it hard to watch. Yet, I'm compelled to do so as I feel like it helps my journey a bit to understand one tiny iota of what she and her husband and family have gone through.

I really like this show. Kwo (sp??) has such a positive outlook - it is refreshing.

I hope it doesn't get canned - but that's usually what happens to my favorites.

Oh man, was that episode ever a tear jerker. It was absolutely perfect. Mandy defintiely deserves an emmy nod. No question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3751095;
    Mandy has annoyed me in the past, but this episode was epic for me. He is a WONDERFUL actor. I was captivated from the beginning, and wept at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3751403;
    OMG Mandy deserves an emmy nod for guest star. He was amazing. It really made you think - he really not only wanted to help people, but kick ALS' ass.

As a person whose friend died last month after pulmonary hypertension and a double lung transplant, I really find it hard to watch. Yet, I'm compelled to do so as I feel like it helps my journey a bit to understand one tiny iota of what she and her husband and family have gone through.

I really like this show. Kwo (sp??) has such a positive outlook - it is refreshing.

I hope it doesn't get canned - but that's usually what happens to my favorites.
    I agree. Mandy was stunning.

When Kuol reenacted the Lou Gehrig final speech, we were dying. I had to rewind it several times. I'm loving Kuol's character. He injects such a sense of hopeful abandonment to the somewhat sad stories.

(And I also feel I'm the death knell to any good show. If I like it, it's going to be cancelled...)

Well....it is official......

CBS pulls medical show "Three Rivers" from schedule - Yahoo! News

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) The new CBS medical drama "Three Rivers" on Monday joined the list of TV shows either shelved or unlikely to return to U.S. network television.

The Sunday night program was pulled from schedules, effective immediately, but CBS said it would complete production of its initial 13 episodes.

A network spokesman said the show was officially "on hiatus" but could not say when it might return. "Three Rivers" had been drawing an average 8.4 million viewers since September but audiences have been declining.

CBS said the program would be replaced on Sunday evenings by repeats of crime dramas "Cold Case", "Criminal Minds" and its new hit, "NCIS: Los Angeles."

Earlier this year ABC pulled underperforming comedy "Hank" starring Kelsey Grammer and opted not to order additional episodes of supernatural comedy-drama "Eastwick", while Fox benched sci-fi show "Dollhouse" despite picking it up for a second season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast