+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Three Rivers on CBS

Re: Three Rivers on CBS

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3731185;
    because in the second episode that aired we are just meeting the characters, in the first episode we just jumped right in, I'm thinking that they aired the pilot last week and the second episode as the pilot... which is why we were only let in on the sandwich thing and the coordinator's assistant and his idealistic ways in the second episode.
    Ah, thank you. That makes sense and I think I'd have to agree.

Is Daniel Henney (Dr. David Lee) gorgeous or what? My word. I had to imdb him as soon as I saw him on the show.

I thought this show was just OK, but it was nice seeing my hometown on television.

The beginning of tonight's episode was an interesting approach. It still gave me goosebumps, but it was so understated! I'm impressed.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

This show has progressed nicely. I like it more and more every week. It's an interesting perspective. Unfortunately, I don't think it's destined to stay on, but I'll enjoy it while it's on.

I love the guy waiting for the heart that they got the LVAD for.

I end up watching at least part of this every week because of lack of anything else on. I really wanted to like it but I think too many medic shows came out at one time this year and kind of blend together.

I like the show, but I wished they would have shown us what happened to the 2 guys who went on the ride ( the one reluctantly). I'msure they didn't make it, but they could have told us that.
    What I dislike about the show is all the idealism they try to show.
    People cannot afford healthcare in this country, yet we're supposed to believe these doctors will figure out a way to riase $100K for the gentleman from Ethiopia. I like to escape to TV as much as the next person, but this show seems to escape from this planet.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

That's probably one of my issues with the show too. They're hyper idealistic about the transplant issues. So it seems so unrealistic too me that I have a really hard time buying into it. Including the UNOS list and how they get people on with a new kidney all within a day in some cases, but no one questions insurance, or payments or any of that stuff.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3746620;
    I like the show, but I wished they would have shown us what happened to the 2 guys who went on the ride ( the one reluctantly). I'msure they didn't make it, but they could have told us that.
    What I dislike about the show is all the idealism they try to show.
    People cannot afford healthcare in this country, yet we're supposed to believe these doctors will figure out a way to riase $100K for the gentleman from Ethiopia. I like to escape to TV as much as the next person, but this show seems to escape from this planet.
    Actually, the guys on the ride were shown. They were shown making a comment about the ride after the accident. I don't know if somehow they got off before it started, or what, but it seemed as if they were not on it at all from their comments.

I'm going to have to catch this one online. I was on the phone when it was on and had it muted the whole time. It took me a few minutes to recognize Kristin Bauer (Pam on True Blood) as the mom. She played a mom the other week ago on Private Practice too. So strange to see her with dark hair and color in her skin....during the daytime!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3746979;
    Actually, the guys on the ride were shown. They were shown making a comment about the ride after the accident. I don't know if somehow they got off before it started, or what, but it seemed as if they were not on it at all from their comments.
    The only scene I saw was of the 2 of them on the ride very distinctly because it was obvious to me the reluctant one was hating it and I figured it would snap off the wires any minute and it did.
    I'm glad if they did survive it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast