+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe

Stargate: Universe

Did anyone watch the pilot episode last night? If not, and you want to, you can find it repeated several times during the week before the next episode. Syfy does that with its shows, which I appreciate since it lets me find a convenient time to watch.

I've enjoyed the Stargate world ever since the original movie came out, and have watched the series, both of which have had their ups and downs. I was nice to see some continuity with guest appearances by Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, and Michael Shanks.

This one shows promise, I think. It did suffer a bit from 'pilotitis' -- by introducing too many characters at once, but I am looking forward to learning more.

It's has Robert Carlyle, Lou Diamond Phillips, and Ming Na; all three are talented actors. Most of the others are less well known, at least to me, but I did not see a false note from any of them.

A little piece of fun trivia was that Christopher McDonald, who played the senator, also protrayed Gooch, one the the T-birds in Grease 2. Of course, he done a lot of other things in between, but those two roles were such a contrast.

In any case, I will be watching this one until it disapoints me, which I hope it won't do.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Stargate: Universe

I recorded it to DVR, and was actually just about to go and watch it. I love the fact that SYFY repeats shows often as well, because I was not able to record the first showing due to schedule conflict. Two hard drives still means only 2 shows in same time slot. I am looking forward to it!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

It is more character driven so its more like BSG than SG-1.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

FORT Fan

Stargate Galactica...

and that's only half a compliment.
    This is not a signature.

What kills me is all the complaints above the "sex" sence 20 minutes into the show. They are watching with their families and they have a problem with this 25 second sence but not the 20-25 people that got killed every Sg-1 or Atlantis episode. Lord forbid my 10 year old see sex but lets laugh and glorify mass death

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3717759;
    What kills me is all the complaints above the "sex" sence 20 minutes into the show. They are watching with their families and they have a problem with this 25 second sence but not the 20-25 people that got killed every Sg-1 or Atlantis episode. Lord forbid my 10 year old see sex but lets laugh and glorify mass death
    I absolutely agree with you, pawpaw.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

ITA pawpaw, the scene was brief and I'm assuming will be a catalyst for future character storylines in the show - much less "damaging" to a young viewer than violence IMO.

I thought the whole episode was great, more gritty than SA and a little darker than SG1 - I'm looking forward to the next epi already

Just me or is Richard Dean Anderson really showing his age (59)? His face was so bloated and puffy and had about 23 chin's.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Yes, pawpaw, my first thought when seeing RDA was "Wow, McGuyver's looking rough!" Well, actually that was my second thought; my first was "Yay! Jack!"
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3718619;
    Just me or is Richard Dean Anderson really showing his age (59)? His face was so bloated and puffy and had about 23 chin's.
    Yeow, I sorta have to agree with you there. That really shocked me, seeing him in an ill fitting suit at Eli's door.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast