+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 163

Thread: Stargate: Universe

  1. #81
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,876

    Re: Stargate: Universe

    Just bumping this thread up, because the show resumes this Friday, April 2, 2010.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #82
    The First And The Best pawpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Michigan, U.S.A
    Posts
    2,176

    Re: Stargate: Universe

    TV Guide:

    Stargate Universe ( Fridays 9/8c, Syfy)

    Aliens! Civil War! A baby? Complications rule when the stargate spin off about a band of hapless humans trapped on an alien spacecraft returns. "The pace will be more dynamic", cocreator Robert Cooper promises, while defending the "character studies" that some fans liken to soap opera. First up: Two major characters are taken hostage by what Cooper describes as "very cool and dangerous alien life forms" that want something in the humans possession. Later in the season, more familiar adversaraies-the mercenary Lucian Alliance, led by their new commander ( Rhona Mitra)-show up seeking the same prize.

    On board the Destiny, the split between the military and civilians goes into warp speed, and there's an unexpected pregnancy. A flashback reveals the tragic past of curmudgeonly Nicholas Rush ( Robert Carlyle) and his suprising link to stargate SG-1 vet Daniel Jackson ( michael Shanks). " People have been shocked about how differnt SGU is" Cooper says. " Hopefully, now they'll get a chance to appreciate the show for what it is".
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

    Richard Hatch Season 1

  3. #83
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,876

    Re: Stargate: Universe

    Crap, Rush is back. Can't stand the Asian chick and how she is always insinuating the worse, totally power hungry and now she and Rush are in it to take over the ship.Yuck, yuck, yuck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  4. #84
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,876

    Re: Stargate: Universe

    Oh, forgot to mention that the recession must be really bad because the lights were not on for about 60% of this episode. I could not see a thing. Then the Syfy channel must have made a partial payment to the power company because for the other 40% of this episode the lights were only half on.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,503

    Re: Stargate: Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3869285;
    Oh, forgot to mention that the recession must be really bad because the lights were not on for about 60% of this episode. I could not see a thing. Then the Syfy channel must have made a partial payment to the power company because for the other 40% of this episode the lights were only half on.
    You are correct, it was ann extremely underlit episode.

  6. #86
    FORT Fan neighborhoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    214

    Re: Stargate: Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3869308;
    You are correct, it was ann extremely underlit episode.
    I thought I was watching CSI for a minute.

    The alien-bug things creeped me out. And I am getting a little sick of the stones. Maybe with the aliens, they'll stay on their ship more and we can see more of it, and less of Earth.

  7. #87
    The First And The Best pawpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Michigan, U.S.A
    Posts
    2,176

    Re: Stargate: Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by neighborhoodie;3873146;
    I am getting a little sick of the stones. Maybe with the aliens, they'll stay on their ship more and we can see more of it, and less of Earth.
    It was the only way to include LDP in the show.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

    Richard Hatch Season 1

  8. #88
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,876

    Re: Stargate: Universe

    I am just getting so sick and tired of everyone ganging up on Colonel Young for leaving Rush on the planet. Rush has several times lied to Colonel Young and tried to usurp the leadership of the survivors for his own purposes. Rush doesn't care about anyone else and would sacrifice anyone to achieve his goals. He has already tried to frame Colonel Young for murder. The Asian Chick has also tried to take over command several times. The ballsiest thing I have scene on this show so far has been Colonel Young leaving Rush behind on the planet and beating up on Lou Diamond Phillips for sleeping with his wife. Everyone is attacking him and saying he can't command and here he is making a command decision and bam he is still condemned the man can't get a break.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  9. #89
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,876

    Re: Stargate: Universe

    Just some comments on the character of Chloe: first I thought it was incredibly stupid of her to just stand there and watch while a hole is cut through the hull of the ship. Did being sucked out into space never cross her mind? The force field is not always on as it sucks power. Did she even think to radio in for help or to alert the rest of the crew? Dumb civilians do not deserve to run the ship if they just stand their watching someone harm the ship. Then the most incredibly stupid thing is to go toward the light after a piece of the hull falls down and stare up into the light. The girl has stupid genes in abundance.

    As for the mutiny, you know if I was stranded out billions and billions of miles away from home surrounded by the unknown and possibly hostile aliens I would be very happy to have a group of soldiers between me and possible harm. In fact I would learn to fire a gun and get in better physical shape. After all getting the gut off and increasing the cardio may save me from being eaten by a cousin of Alien or a Predator. Some of these supposedly brilliant scientists are as dumb as dirt. And don't let me get started on Camille, that delusional, hateful, power hungry Asian Chick. Between her and Doctor Rush constantly undermining Colonel Young's authority, I am amazed there is any kind of coherent management of simply trying to survive on a daily basis on a very old space ship.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #90
    The First And The Best pawpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Michigan, U.S.A
    Posts
    2,176

    Re: Stargate: Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3875004;
    And don't let me get started on Camille, that delusional, hateful, power hungry Asian Chick.
    Remember that on one of her earth visits the IOA told her to get in control and she said she didn't know who's faction was stronger--Rush or Young. If Rush hadn't framed Young she may of easily backed Young against Rush. She doesn't care for one over the other, only which one could get her back on top.

    As for the civilians next weeks promo has them on an earth like planet and they refuse to go back to Destiny--I would take Rush ( he doesn't want to swin in lakes, he wants to study Destiny ), Eli, The scientist in charge of the greenhouse + 1-2 other scientists and leaves the others--good-bye!
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

    Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.