+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe

Re: Stargate: Universe

Michael Shanks will be playing Hawkman in Smallville in an upcoming episode.

"When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3751477;
    Michael Shanks will be playing Hawkman in Smallville in an upcoming episode.

Finally out of his Sci fi contract? you notice all the stargaters appear in the sci fi B movies after the series was over--like they were still under contract to the channel.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3751650;
    Finally out of his Sci fi contract? you notice all the stargaters appear in the sci fi B movies after the series was over--like they were still under contract to the channel.
    He also appeared in a couple of episodes of Burn Notice on USA.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Shanks will still be appearing in 2 more SGU episodes.

Ok, I gave this show fair shot. This is nothing like what I have come to expect from the Stargate franchise. I really wish Stargate had followed the path of Star Trek....even after TNG went off the air DS9 and Voyager still had the same "feel" of the franchise.

This is a departure, and not a good one. Seriously, that last episode was so disjointed and confusing.

I'm soo tired of all the back story about character's personal lives, SG franchise is supposed to be about exploring and action, not a second rate soap opera. If they don't go back to the working SG formula quick, this will kill the franchise faster than "Enterprise" did for Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3730018;
    Any idea about what happened to the shuttle craft that launched from the Destiny at the very end of the episode where they were on the desert planet?

Click to see Spoiler:
    That ship was of alien(non-alteran) design, there are detail screen caps of it over at Gateworld. Probably the race that will invade the ship later this season per some leaked spoilers and obvious titles to the later episodes.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3752038;
    Ok, I gave this show fair shot. This is nothing like what I have come to expect from the Stargate franchise. I really wish Stargate had followed the path of Star Trek....even after TNG went off the air DS9 and Voyager still had the same "feel" of the franchise.

This is a departure, and not a good one. Seriously, that last episode was so disjointed and confusing.

I'm soo tired of all the back story about character's personal lives, SG franchise is supposed to be about exploring and action, not a second rate soap opera. If they don't go back to the working SG formula quick, this will kill the franchise faster than "Enterprise" did for Star Trek.
    They said before it was ever on it was going to be different from SG-1 and SGA.

As far as the" SG formula" you do realize SGA was getting beat in the rating by ECW wrestling every week on sci fi channel. A new show old formula vwasn't going to work, they had to try something new.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3752130;
    They said before it was ever on it was going to be different from SG-1 and SGA.

As far as the" SG formula" you do realize SGA was getting beat in the rating by ECW wrestling every week on sci fi channel. A new show old formula vwasn't going to work, they had to try something new.
    If they were going to steal the BSG formula, then they should write as good of a show as BSG was. I loved BSG, SGU is disjointed and boring. Full of unneeded character backstory. They need to spend way less time in flashbacks and more time developing storyline.

Do you remember the BSG 2003 pilot? That 3 hour miniseries was jam packed with action and drama that complemented it. I watch every episode of BSG due to that miniseries, that's how you launch a show. The most action on this show was the Lucain Aliance attack on Icarus base in the first episode...and even that made no sense. Since when can three Ha'tak challenge a Deadalus Class Battle Cruiser post Asgaurd upgrades?!
    Last edited by gamer83; 11-17-2009 at 11:08 PM.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

I think everyone would agree it needs work, I was was just answering your original question "why can't it be like SG-1 or SGA"

Richard Hatch Season 1

When the Colonel beat down LDP at the end I was laughing my a$$ off

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3754431;
    When the Colonel beat down LDP at the end I was laughing my a$$ off
    Yes, it was a nice touch. But the entire episode had issues. I was very surprised to see Camille with a partner she was been with for 12 yrs. If so, why did she get so high in the instep when TJ broke up their affair? Tad hypocritical that. I just felt that this episode was a bit of a throw away and did not do much to advance the story.

Is the one sargent and Scott's ex girlfriend lieutenant doing it?

I also thought that perhaps that bald soldier who is going mental would try the chair.

+ Reply to Thread