+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe

Re: Stargate: Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3730018;
    Any idea about what happened to the shuttle craft that launched from the Destiny at the very end of the episode where they were on the desert planet?

Kinda wondered that myself
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3729783;
    Mega hate!!

Atlantis was getting beat every week by ECW wrestling Its more about 18-35 demo Atlantis was getting one of the lowest shares on TV.
    It always surprises me when I see that fans of the franchise hate it after what only a premiere. I do wish that some of the casting was better. I like the casting of Eli and Dr Rush. Some of the others seems meh! I am always willing to give a new show a chance. I'm kinda glad I did it for Vampire Diaries; I could not understand why anyone in their right mind would call that show a hit especially if that opinion was based on episodes 1 through 4. Now it is a much better show. I don't expect to see any of the cast from Stargate or Stargate Atlantis, the whole point of this show is that they are very,very far away. Away from the regular villains and good guys. Was the sex scene necessary. No. It could have been left in or out and really make absolutely no difference to the story line. I am willing to sit back and see what the writers give me before I make a decision. I sat through an entire season 1 of Sanctuary and I though it was horrible, hoping it would improve. I like season 2 much better.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

It always surprises me when I see that fans of the franchise hate it after what only a premiere. I do wish that some of the casting was better.

Really doesn't have anything to do with that. They hated it before the first show simplely because they didn't get their way, so they want to sink the whole franchise like 6 year olds who didn't get the cookie.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3730050;
    It always surprises me when I see that fans of the franchise hate it after what only a premiere. I do wish that some of the casting was better.

Really doesn't have anything to do with that. They hated it before the first show simplely because they didn't get their way, so they want to sink the whole franchise like 6 year olds who didn't get the cookie.
    What did the fans want that they didn't get?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3730204;
    What did the fans want that they didn't get?
    5 more years of Atlantis, 2-3 movies a year,ect...

Richard Hatch Season 1

I definitely don't hate Stargate Universe!!!! Up until this last episode, I was disappointed that I wasn't enjoying it the way I have Atlantis, but I am still watching the show. I expressed disappointment in that ABC quickly shot down Defying Gravity, a show I enjoyed even more then SU, but thankfully SyFy does not kill a show as quickly as ABC does. (At least I think they won't).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Yes, I was right Destiny flying into the star was a refueling pit stop.

What surprised me was Chloe and Lt. Scott. That is one lucky man within 4 -5 episodes he has gotten lucky with 2 regular cast members. For some reason I thought Chloe was younger than 23 more like 18 or 19. At least that is how she comes across, and that is why I was surprised she and Scott did it cause with all the shadows after the opening scene I thought Scott was with that other military female.

Do I believe Dr. Rush knew what would happen? No, I don't think so. He may have hoped but I don't think he really knew. I think he also likes to subconsciously play head games with the others. Which is a dangerous thing to do because in the high pressure situation they are in someone might lose it and kill him one day.

Liked the Eli and Chloe moments, they are sweet.

For some reason I thought Chloe was younger than 23 more like 18 or 19. At least that is how she comes across,

Remember she told Eli she was a Harvard Grad when they first met, so knew she was @22ish.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3735754;
    For some reason I thought Chloe was younger than 23 more like 18 or 19. At least that is how she comes across,

Remember she told Eli she was a Harvard Grad when they first met, so knew she was @22ish.
    Yeah, but she could be really smart and skipped a couple of grades.

Visiting Hoth, the Ice Planet.

Some major issues. First of all how in the heck did they even have that much water so the sand cloud could steal 40,000 liters? was it on the ship already?

Seriously, they needed half a ton of ice which is 1000lbs. I didn't see a 1000lbs on either of the 2 sleight loads that were brought from the ice planet. It is very obvious that the colonel needs to establish some "away" teams and get the gear ready for them. That would be ASAP. 80 people on the ship and the only 2 to go are the colonel who is recovering from a major head injury and the only qualified shuttle pilot. Don't buy it, the colonel must have a death wish.

+ Reply to Thread