+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe

Re: Stargate: Universe

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3722716;
    The scientist was Dr Lee from Sg-1 & Atlantis, you don't "do" anything to them but communicate through them--Think Daniel & Vala in Atlantis.
    But there was a story when Daniel and Vala were actually in the bodies of people and the original inhabitants personalities were supressed and Daniel and Vala were in control.

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3722716;
    The IOA person is going to be the first gay stargate character, I think the medic ( blonde) was sleeping with her and the Colonel that being why she wanted to get out ( remember their uneasy talk in her office)
    That I knew. But I think it was the blonde who was more uncomfortable and wanted the break therefore the scholarship to what? college? medical school?

I also got a hint that maybe the Colonel and the blonde may have had a thing..possible triangle there...or has known her for a long time.

BTW I don't know if I mentioned it but that was a very good premiere. The flashback senario was very interesting. The music very spooky, Joel Goldsmith did it and yes you can pick up the Battlestar Galacticanis of it. The only problem I have is with some of the casting. Eli, great. Doctor Rush, great. Asian chick playing IOA official - good. JJ the medic - ok (I found it highly amusing the scene between her and the IOA official was in soft focus and both had full makeup on so they would look highly attractive). Lt Scott, kinda bland everyday America boy look not very comfortable in his role very replacable. Private James (Scott's love interest) seemed kinda old for him. Colonel Young...not really buying it at the moment. The Senetor was spot on and he really milked it. Chloe his daughter, not impressed. I also expected some more racial diversity. Were are all the east Indian scientists and engineers, were are the asians and hispanics. At this point in the show should we even care about sexual diversity when racial diversity is so lacking. Was that the reason Lou Diamond Philips was on the show? I know he is of Philapino extraction and that covers, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, and caucasian. At least when the producers cast Stargate: Atlantis you had a variety in the main leads and the crew. Ah, I miss Zelenko.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-09-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

But there was a story when Daniel and Vala were actually in the bodies of people and the original inhabitants personalities were supressed and Daniel and Vala were in control.

Got a little bit of the answer you were looking for..

Does LDP get on the ship when a speaking stone messes up and he and the person can't change bacK? Interesting way to get him back with the team.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3723193;

Got a little bit of the answer you were looking for..

Does LDP get on the ship when a speaking stone messes up and he and the person can't change bacK?
    Interesting way to get him back with the team.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Episode 2 - October 9, 2009

The story is moving along. I can't believe how stupid the Senator's wife is, she just signed her own death warrant. Seriously, you don't threatened a project as huge as Stargate. There of course is the possibility she will dead herself to death, but if I am sure someone would be keeping tabs on her. Brings to mind that phrase, "too stupid to live".

Another old adage to consider, the ancients have very good reason for stopping were they do, follow their advice. I guess the 3 people to tried to go to the other address run under the adage, "too smart to live".

I like how the writers are tying the Telford/Lou Diamond Philips and having him appear on the ship via the communication stones. I also like how they are going to try to get everyone to have a moment to say good bye. Very nice touch.

FORT sun

I think this show does have a smidgeon of Battlestar Galactica, but without the constant mumbling, dark backgrounds...it would actually put me to sleep. Stargate: Universe has an excellent premise. I'm waiting to see how it developes.

I shouldn't make comparisons because the show I am about to compare is so different in storyline from Stargate Universe, but I am still very disappointed that Defying Gravity (a great show, with really good casting) was pulled, and we are all still waiting for SU to shape up and become the show we are hoping it will become. I know they are on different networks, but Defying Gravity is another one of those great shows that no one watched. I am catching up on what hasn't aired in the US. on the net thanks to Canada's continuation of the series. But, if they decided to not show any more episodes of Stargate..... I wouldn't care.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

This will be the end of Stargate. All the haters at the sci fi forums think if they kill Universe 9 with hate mail to syfy channel) 5 seasons of Atlantis will return and 4-5 movies. Sorry when universe ends so does stargare for good.

Richard Hatch Season 1

What is with all the hate? First I heard. Yes, I do wish Stargate: Atlantis had gone on for a few seasons more, I think it had 2 or 3 yrs worth of stories left. I didn't appreciate the Scyfy network canceling it. Why, I thought the ratings were good. Probably due to costs and that they think they get more bang of their bucks from those horrible Saturday night movies they make. Any network that cancels Farscape before the shows last season just proves what idiots they are.

As for tonight's episode, interesting. I think that the Destiny is heading toward the sun on purpose to refuel.

As far as Telford questioning Young's ability to command, that was neither the time or place to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3729771;
    What is with all the hate? First I heard.

Mega hate!!

Yes, I do wish Stargate: Atlantis had gone on for a few seasons more, I think it had 2 or 3 yrs worth of stories left. I didn't appreciate the Scyfy network canceling it. Why, I thought the ratings were good. Probably due to costs and that they think they get more bang of their bucks from those horrible Saturday night movies they make. Any network that cancels Farscape before the shows last season just proves what idiots they are.
    Atlantis was getting beat every week by ECW wrestling Its more about 18-35 demo Atlantis was getting one of the lowest shares on TV.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Any idea about what happened to the shuttle craft that launched from the Destiny at the very end of the episode where they were on the desert planet?

+ Reply to Thread