+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe

Re: Stargate: Universe

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4128579;
    Well, I want to see the remaining episodes. I get that the SGA fans were upset when it got canceled and did not take to this new one.

However, the show got good, just way too late. I love Robert Carlyle, so I will miss having him on my telly each week.

I sort of liked the idea of Chloe turning part alien and thought the show was finally going to where it should have gone initially-on the journey with Destiny.

Just a note to the writers, "dark and gritty" doesn't mean you can't find the dang light switch. One thing so off-putting was the dark and dismal set where I could barely see the actors.

I will miss Eli, he's my fave character and RC is my fave actor, so he'll be missed too.
    I think you basically covered all points that need mentioning. I just hope the SyFy channel does right by the folks following the show and air the remaining episodes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The SyFy channel has announced that they will show the remaining 10 episodes of Stargate Universe starting on March 7, 2011.

Yipee, one more day and new episodes at 10pm after Being Human on Monday nights.

March 7, 2011 - Deliverance (2)

Last we saw Destiny and the Ursini were trapped in a sea of dead ships and basically beat up by drone ships.

Chloe escapes and sends out a signal to the aliens who had abducted her. Why? So they will come save them from the killer drone ships. Chloe ends up being given to the Aliens and they there are lots of lights and strange probe like instruments that remind one of the stories that alien abductees tell. Then she is returned to the Destiny without her strange silver skin. Huh?

In the meantime Rush and Eli try to diagnose the machine code on a deactivated drone so they can send out an "we are not the enemy" signal.

Rush actually acts nice to two groups of people and everyone wonders if he is OK.

I think this show tried to be too much like Battlestar Galactica and could not manage it. Instead you basically don't like anybody except Eli. It's kinda hard for a show to succeed if the audience likes one character (Eli), detests another, (Rush) and doesn't care about the rest.

March 14, 2011 - episode - Twin Destinies

I just realized that the title for this episode is a tad ironic and has at least three meanings, well, actually four.

1. There are 2 Destiny's (the ships)
    2. There are 2 Doctor Rush's
    3. There are 2 David's (Lou Diamond Phillips character)
    4. There are two possible outcomes to the jump back home

I just thought of a fifth.

5. The double characters each has a different fate.

For those of you who can't stand the Lou Diamond Phillips character, well he dies.

For those of you who can't stand Doctor Rush, well he dies.

8 more episodes to go. Can I stand it? Well they need to start going in some direction cause the stories are feeling a tad aimless.

3/21/2011 - Alliances

missed due to technical difficulties. SyFy is only playing it twice during the week, Mondays at 10pm and then at midnight. Unfortunately, neither the Syfy Channel or Hulu has broadcast this episode.

3/28/2011 - Hope

Liked this episode, Gin and Amanda Perry, who were thought to be both dead appear after Chloe falls asleep while on Communicator Stone duty. At the same time Dr. Volker has renal failure and needs a kidney transplant. Actually a nice storyline that intersects. Long and short, Amanda and Gin's consciousnesses are both uploaded into Destiny's memory banks with the possibility of maybe it the future downloading them into available bodies. Yikes, think of all the possible body snatcher scenarios. Amanda Perry appears to TJ and helps her perform the necessary transplant surgery and save both donor and transplantee.

At one point it was quite funny to see the body of Chloe hold the consciousness of three women, Chloe, Amanda and Gin and to have three men, Matt, Dr. Rush and Eli, all worried about her/them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    3/21/2011 - Alliances

missed due to technical difficulties. SyFy is only playing it twice during the week, Mondays at 10pm and then at midnight. Unfortunately, neither the Syfy Channel or Hulu has broadcast this episode.
    If you have cable, it MAY be available "On Demand". I know I can watch SGU on SYFY On Demand with Verizon's FIOS.

+ Reply to Thread