+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe

Re: Stargate: Universe

The next episode on Nov 30th will be the mid season finale.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The show has improved over the past few episodes, but it took way too long to do so. That and the unlikability of most of the main players is hard for fans to support.

I wonder if Chloe will become sort of like Illyria from Angel? Her storyline kind of reminds me of Fred turning into Illyria, wonderfully played by Amy Acker I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4117949;
    The show has improved over the past few episodes, but it took way too long to do so. That and the unlikability of most of the main players is hard for fans to support.

I wonder if Chloe will become sort of like Illyria from Angel? Her storyline kind of reminds me of Fred turning into Illyria, wonderfully played by Amy Acker I might add.
    Arrrgh...please no comparisons between Angel and Stargate: Universe. Angel was brilliant, Stargate: U has a way to go.

LOL, yes SGU has a long way to go, and there's no Joss Whedon at the helm.

I think it's finally getting good, but is it enough to keep it from being canceled? That's my question.

When a regular episode of Haven, a fantastic show by the way, beats out the midseason premiere you know there is something very wrong in the verse.

Thoughts on the mid season finale shown on Nov 30, 2010.

I think overall this show has improved but the mid season finale didn't feel like a big cliff hanger more like just another show. I think it was a cliche move to kill off Eli's love interest (the previous episode), seriously, do we really want to see him moan over Chloe week after week? I did like Rush's attempt to console Eli. At first glance he comes across very harsh. OK, at second, third and fourth glances Rush still comes across as harsh, but knowing that it is rather comedic watching Rush attempt reverse psychology on Eli's period of mourning.

This show has been canceled by SyFy.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4128092;
    This show has been canceled by SyFy.

Now the memory of the two REAL Stargate series, SG1 & SGA can finally rest in peace.

Next time those Shol'vas at SyFy won't mess with the tried and true campy/scifi formula that those original shows were for a terrible space drama with a few chapa'ai in it.

Farewell SGU, oh and as Apophis would put it:
    "May your reign last days and your death years!"
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

There are still 10 more episodes left that hopefully the SyFy channel will show later next year.

They should do the right thing and turn those 10 episodes over to the CIA.

Have any terrorist watch just 10 minutes of any part of this show, and they will cry out in agony and start talking.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Well, I want to see the remaining episodes. I get that the SGA fans were upset when it got canceled and did not take to this new one.

However, the show got good, just way too late. I love Robert Carlyle, so I will miss having him on my telly each week.

I sort of liked the idea of Chloe turning part alien and thought the show was finally going to where it should have gone initially-on the journey with Destiny.

Just a note to the writers, "dark and gritty" doesn't mean you can't find the dang light switch. One thing so off-putting was the dark and dismal set where I could barely see the actors.

I will miss Eli, he's my fave character and RC is my fave actor, so he'll be missed too.

+ Reply to Thread