+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe

Re: Stargate: Universe

I personally felt that Stargate: Atlantis should have gone on for 2 more seasons. They had enough material and I liked the cast and they way they played off each other.

The feel of STG1 and Atlantis is drama with comic elements and it works well. Universe on the other had deparately needs that comic elements. I think the highlight of the show so far was seeing Colonel Young go postal and leave the creepy scientist stranded on the one planet. Then that female beareaucrat sucked all the fun of that. Maybe next time Colonel Young can leave both those characters on a planet.

It's hard to get into a show when you only like one character and that is Eli.

Hopefully, Sanctuary has gotten better.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Is Eli the young gamer who they recruited? If so, he was the only one I found appealing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4083983;
    Is Eli the young gamer who they recruited? If so, he was the only one I found appealing, too.
    That's him.

I think the only other character that I remotely like is the Sargent who is borderline homicidal.

Well, finally got a chance to watch episodes 1, 2 and 3 of season 2. The Syfy channel is only broadcasting the episodes Tuesday at 9 and 11pm and the following Tuesday at 8pm before a new episode. What no endless reruns, what has gotten into the Syfy schedulers. Anyway, the series has continued to be rather dark, and depressing, Reilly was killed in episode 2 "Aftermath". Indirectly another victim of Dr. Rush and his secret obsession. Colonel Young had to perform a mercy killing and they lost a shuttle craft. Episode 3, "Awakening", Colonel Telford was abandoned, or voluntarily left behind on another seed ship, again could Rush have saved him. Becoming a serious pattern here. Some interesting moments with TJ experiencing an out of body visitation, aliens took her dead baby. Chloe miraculously survived a life threatening bullet wound. Underlying message that people need to reach out and ask for help at least that is what Dr. Rush's dead wife tells him as well as Dr. Franklin who also mysteriously disappearance last season.

Think it might be best to watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time, you get a better idea of some of the story arcs and they make better sense over 3 episodes instead of the viewer getting fed up with the stupidity of some of the characters watching only one episode at a time.

The problem with the show is that the main characters are unlikable save for Eli, Lt. Scott and TJ. Both Young and Rush are d*cks all the time, which makes it hard to root for anyone.

Hopefully Chloe turns into a catfish alien.... Then they can fry her up for dinner.

Don't like Lt. Scott at all. Like Eli. Am starting to really like TJ. The rest are train wrecks. It's like watching a family member self destruct on alcohol or drugs. I am waiting for Colonel Young to use the communication stones and go to a AA meeting.

Watched Pathogen, ep 4. Was it depressing or what?

I can't believe how angry I got at Doctor Rush for using Chloe to help him with that one equation and then see him "throw her under the bus" just so he can use her to help him. A new low for him.

Liked Eli and his mom together.

Seeing the asian chick with her partner is hard, it's depressing the whole vibe is that their lives are totally empty and hollow when they are not together. I did like how the partner and Eli's mom got together at the end of the show. I predict that they might form a support group. Why not?

Nov 2, 2010

Is Colonel Young going insane? Interesting premise, the ship detected, sensors the crews brainwaves and sends them dreams to help resolve the problem.

I am waiting for Rush's come uppance, maybe this time Camille will almost kill him and leave him on a deserted planet.

There is a certain point the writers will have to come up with another plot device then how everyone hates Rush so much because he is a tricky, devious, bastard. That and aliens attacking the ship.

I do like the Chloe angle of her turning into an alien. I was glad Eli found someone else besides useless Chloe to care about out. Hated that Simeon killed Gim (Eli's love interest) the episode after Eli lost his virginity. Nice to see aminals on a planet. Funny to see Rush can't hit the side of a barn with a pistol but he can start an animal stampede with C4 to trample the bad guy. Nice touch of brain over brawn there. Still there is a point where Rush can't be the only bad guy. I do wonder when the crew will start spitting on him in disgust.

There are only 2 more episodes, Nov 23 & Nov 30, before the mid season break.

Nov 23rd - the prodigal sons and daughters return.

I don't know this episode kinda pointless...the dead are reanimated and come back to Destiny to die again. An ode to zombies perphaps? Then there is the refitting of the shuttlecraft. Convenient to get it back in brand new condition.

+ Reply to Thread