+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Stargate: Universe

Re: Stargate: Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3875004;
    Just some comments on the character of Chloe: first I thought it was incredibly stupid of her to just stand there and watch while a hole is cut through the hull of the ship. Did being sucked out into space never cross her mind? The force field is not always on as it sucks power. Did she even think to radio in for help or to alert the rest of the crew? Dumb civilians do not deserve to run the ship if they just stand their watching someone harm the ship. Then the most incredibly stupid thing is to go toward the light after a piece of the hull falls down and stare up into the light. The girl has stupid genes in abundance.

As for the mutiny, you know if I was stranded out billions and billions of miles away from home surrounded by the unknown and possibly hostile aliens I would be very happy to have a group of soldiers between me and possible harm. In fact I would learn to fire a gun and get in better physical shape. After all getting the gut off and increasing the cardio may save me from being eaten by a cousin of Alien or a Predator. Some of these supposedly brilliant scientists are as dumb as dirt. And don't let me get started on Camille, that delusional, hateful, power hungry Asian Chick. Between her and Doctor Rush constantly undermining Colonel Young's authority, I am amazed there is any kind of coherent management of simply trying to survive on a daily basis on a very old space ship.
    Totally agree. I cannot stand Chloe. Every time, they get my hopes up of her being gone, but she is always saved

About the bolded: Didn't they do that in the beginning? I remember Eli slacking off. Not sure why they stopped.

Young seems to have everyone's interests in mind and is trying to get back to Earth, while Rush's intentions are very unclear except for wanting to study Destiny. Both seem willing to sacrifice people for their goals, and I don't think previous SG main characters would have done that...

Quote Originally Posted by neighborhoodie;3876218;
    Totally agree. I cannot stand Chloe. Every time, they get my hopes up of her being gone, but she is always saved

About the bolded: Didn't they do that in the beginning? I remember Eli slacking off. Not sure why they stopped.

Young seems to have everyone's interests in mind and is trying to get back to Earth, while Rush's intentions are very unclear except for wanting to study Destiny. Both seem willing to sacrifice people for their goals, and I don't think previous SG main characters would have done that...
    At the beginning the military required daily physical training of all personnel don't know if it stopped or they just don't show it anymore.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So they left 8 people behind?
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3879625;
    So they left 8 people behind?
    I was going to ask if any did get left behind. Seriously, that is so not a viable colony. They might all be dead in a year. Did they get any supplies, none seem to have any camping skills. Maybe they will be seen in a later episode.

How many crew were their originally?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3879894;
    I was going to ask if any did get left behind. Seriously, that is so not a viable colony. They might all be dead in a year. Did they get any supplies, none seem to have any camping skills. Maybe they will be seen in a later episode.

How many crew were their originally?
    I have no answers but more questions and some tidbits:

We saw Cloe/Scott/TJ return to the ship--Young greeted them at the door which means he came up on an earlier trip, so the others COULD of came up too. At the big feast at the end when the panned across the messhall showing everyone I DID NOT see the sciencist who wanted to stay because God wanted it it, so maybe they stayed?

If they came back what a waste of the second shuttle--at least spare parts for #1. No animals on the planet means total veggie diet, you can live on that acourse but what will they eat during what the sciencist called a long harsh winter?

TJ's pregnancy was written in because she is in real life.

Sy Fy moving SGU to Tuesday nights sometime in future.

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3880263;
    I have no answers but more questions and some tidbits:

We saw Cloe/Scott/TJ return to the ship--Young greeted them at the door which means he came up on an earlier trip, so the others COULD of came up too. At the big feast at the end when the panned across the messhall showing everyone I DID NOT see the sciencist who wanted to stay because God wanted it it, so maybe they stayed?

If they came back what a waste of the second shuttle--at least spare parts for #1. No animals on the planet means total veggie diet, you can live on that acourse but what will they eat during what the sciencist called a long harsh winter?

TJ's pregnancy was written in because she is in real life.

Sy Fy moving SGU to Tuesday nights sometime in future.

Will that be after Eureka starts? Or will SGU be finished with it's 20-22 episode run by then? Or is the move for season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3880453;
    Will that be after Eureka starts? Or will SGU be finished with it's 20-22 episode run by then? Or is the move for season 2?
    GateWorld SGU, other Syfy dramas moving to Tuesdays

Richard Hatch Season 1

Well, I had really enjoyed watching Eureka on Tuesdays during the summer when it initially aired, so I do approve that. But according to the article this move won't happen until October 2010. Still will any of the SyFy shows be able to compete against Biggest Loser or NCIS?

April 23, 2010

A Rush centric episode.....got a bit of motivation as to why he is the way he is...but I have a feeling he was like that before his wife died.

Looks like we get the "stones" back next week--an engineer comes to work on Destiny that has past issues with TJ. Only way someone new comes to Destiny is the ole stone switch or an alien.

Richard Hatch Season 1

+ Reply to Thread