+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Middle

The Middle

Anyone else watch the new comedy "The Middle" on ABC Wednesday night? I though it was really funny. It stars Patricia Heaton. The youngest son on the show was so cute and funny.

Re: The Middle

I watched it. I like her. I hope it doesn't tank by virtue of airing after that dreadful Hank. I was so disappointed - another Kelsey Grammar flop. We were all hoping for some of that Frasier magic to reappear. I never watched the show that had him and Pat Heaton together as news anchors or whatever that was. It just goes to show that sitcoms live or die on good writing. No amount of big name talent will make up for bad scripts.

I think I'll like the guy who plays her husband in this show better than I liked him as the janitor in Scrubs.

It kind of reminded me of Malcolm in the Middle. Maybe because it is named The Middle? Or because it has a harried mom? Or because the youngest son reminds me of the youngest son on Malcolm (Dewey? youngest until they had the baby at the end) - wonder if they are related?

Hi there! I finally got around to watching it on the DVR. We really enjoyed it and laughed out loud a few times. Loved the awkward daughter with the giant teeth & braces. And the mom with her new license photo showing how haggard she is now... the mom running errands while taking customers on test drives was great. We'll definitely watch again!

I love this show. It is a gem. This week was the strongest yet. I hope the lack of posts does not indicate lack of interest. I would like this show to last a very long time.

I love it too. Each of the actors are great in their roles.

FORT Fogey

Looks like it's safe for now, but "Hank" is in trouble. They ought to just bring back Frasier. Kelsey Grammer always seems to be playing him. Oops, this is getting OT, sorry. I really enjoy all the kids on The Middle, as well as the parents. Characterization is great.

Out of the 4 shows that come on in this block, Hank is by far the worst. I love The Middle, Modern Family and Cougar Town.

I couldn't even get past the first 10 minutes of Hank and then decided on a whim that I probably wouldn't like The Middle either so I haven't been watching (I was a fan though of the Grammar/Heaton "Back to You" and was disappointed it was canceled). I watch from Modern Family onward. But with all these good reviews, I wish I had given it a chance. I don't think I could catch up at this point though because I'm already on tv overload .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I've caught every episode of the Middle and love it. Very funny stuff.

FORT Fan

I'm still on the fence where The Middle is concerned.

It reminds me of Malcolm in the Middle, same kind of setting, similar jokes...

but that's not a bad thing. Malcolm in the Middle was a huge succes, and it managed to give the dysfunctional comedic family a whole new meaning. The Middle is still finding its feet, but its enjoyable.

Perhaps it's just a bit too early after Malcolm in the Middle.
    This is not a signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast