+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: The Middle

Re: The Middle

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    No. Darren was Axels high school friend. You might be thinking of the Glossner boy who would kiss Sue randomly. It was only one episode-but at the end, he told Sue he could not kiss her again until he had bettered himself, as she deserved only the best. Darren was standing across the street when this happened-he was bringing Sue flowers-he was going to tell her how he felt about her-but he misinterpreted what he saw and held off, until a later episode.
    You are right. I know Darren but couldn't remember the name of the Glossner boys.... except for Diaper. lol!
    redsox girl likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

snders332 & redsox girl - Thanks!
    redsox girl likes this.

I loved Mike and his sunglasses, Brick and the kids..... and the resolution! April's parents looked peeved.
    redsox girl and oceanus like this.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Oh my gosh, Brick diving into the snowbank lol "I was there for five hours-my page turning finger has frostbite."
    Mike and the sexy police officer sunglasses. Neil Flynn's character deserves more praise than he gets. "Did you Have to Marry April?" Axel: "No!" Mike: "That's even worse!!!" lol
    Poor Sue , she couldn't look Frankie in the eye. Her hilarious attempts to get Axel to fess up?
    Both sets of parents pretending they like each others kids lol
    Axel: " I'm not even done with college, I live in a Winnebago and April picks up golf balls for a living!"
    And the Christmas photo at the end: Doris the basset hound is prominently featured! Letting us know she's still alive and well

It's such a shame this show does not get the critical accolades it so deserves.

And thank the lord the marriage was annulled. (Brick looking up annulment laws-reading off the reasons for annulment "Both parties are deemed mentally incapable of making sound decisions" and the family saying in unionism "That's the one!" lol)
    libgirl2 and oceanus like this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Good summary, redsox girl. Lots of laughs last night.

I agree about Mike/Neil Flynn.
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanus View Post
    Good summary, redsox girl. Lots of laughs last night.

I agree about Mike/Neil Flynn.
    No new shows until Jan.3rd
    I just realized, Doris head was superimposed over Aprils face in the Christmas card photo lol
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Mike and the sunglasses.
    redsox girl likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I happen to find Neil Flynn extremely attractive.... he is also hysterical. I agree, this show should get more notice than it does. I'm reminded of King of Queens, nothing flashy but it keeps going and you can watch the repeats over and over. Always fun. Its the series I am currently stocking up on past seasons.
    redsox girl likes this.

I've seen reruns of The Middle on Hallmark Channel.

Did Mike not want to feel "obligated" to the guy who gave him a gift?

Where did dog Doris come from?

I like the part where after being busted Axl jumped out of the car and the others ran after and were taking swipes, then the neighbor lady drove by and saw and told her kids to stay away from the Hechts. Solved Brick's problem!
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanus View Post
    I've seen reruns of The Middle on Hallmark Channel.

Did Mike not want to feel "obligated" to the guy who gave him a gift?

Where did dog Doris come from?

I like the part where after being busted Axl jumped out of the car and the others ran after and were taking swipes, then the neighbor lady drove by and saw and told her kids to stay away from the Hechts. Solved Brick's problem!
    Doris the dog originally belonged to Frankie's elderly aunts, Edie and Ginny, who were semi-regulars on the show. Both were chain smokers who enjoyed drinking. Frankie looked out for them and the Hecks frequently visted them. On many occasions, Frankie is forced to care for Doris unexpectedly; on one such occasion, Doris gave birth to puppies. In another instance The Hecks took in Doris so she could recover from temporary emphysema contracted from inhaling all that second hand smoke. (It doesn't sound funny, I know, but it was). Ginny and Edie died so The Hecks adopted the sickly, elderly Doris.

Mike is very uncomfortable expressing his emotions, which comes from growing up with his stoic, rat pack Dad, `Big Mike.' He's the Ying to Frankies emotional Yang. When Mikes friend gave him the sunglasses, Mike realized his friend put lots of thought/emotion into it. Mike bought an old clunker of a motorcycle last year-restored it himself(Mike has NEVER bought himself anything frivolous because the Hecks are essentially the working poor and Mike puts others ahead of himself. When he bought that bike it was the first time he bought something for himself) and those sunglasses were the perfect accessory for Mike to have during motorcycle rides. Mike, being uncomfortable with emotions and being a guy in general, knew he couldn't get away with just giving his friend a crappy gift in return. So he was resentful and frustrated because he could not find a `perfect' gift for his friend. So, he opted to just give his friend the cost of the glasses. But, you could tell Mike REALLY APPRECIATED those glasses. So much so, he couldn't think of anything at all that he could give to his friend that would match that sentiment. When Mike said goodbye to his friend, his friend noticed Mike was riding his motorcycle(in the middle of winter) and Mikes friend smiled because he knew that was Mikes way of saying "Thank you-you got me the most thoughtful, perfect gift.'

I know more about this show than would pass for normal lol

+ Reply to Thread