+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trauma NBC

Trauma NBC

I've seen this show before... but it was called Emergency and Johnny Gage was much better to look at than "Rabbit"
    I think I might be 'hospital show'ed out
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Trauma NBC

I *HATED* it!! I wanted to like it. I tried. It was so SO unrealistic. While other shows have lack of realism sometimes (Grey's perhaps), this was so over the top I couldn't watch.

NBC killed me this year with both mercy and trauma. Both shows I thought I'd enjoy, both shows I ended up hating. I want Chuck and Southland back!

I was not impressed. The first impression I saw was the one EMT's CHEST all out in our faces for everyone to see. All I remember thinking was... they would NOT ever, in a million years, let an EMT get a way with that.

I wanted to like it too, but didn't. They were way too over the top with the special effects.
    The scene the threw in at the beginning with the guy and the girl "getting their groove on" in the ambulance set a very negative tone for me. It was inappropriate, unprofessional, and annoyed me!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3716170;
    I was not impressed. The first impression I saw was the one EMT's CHEST all out in our faces for everyone to see. All I remember thinking was... they would NOT ever, in a million years, let an EMT get a way with that.
    LOL, I totally thought the exact same thing!!! I also wanted to like this show, but I've seen it all before. Sorry NBC! ER it isn't!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

FORT Fogey

I didn't see this show until NBC re-ran the premiere episode last night.

I didn't think I was going to like it but I really did.

I know a lot of First Responders and the characters on the show are very much like some people I know who do this kind of work.

These are not typical or ordinary or even necessarily "normal" people who do--or who can take doing--this kind of work.

In spite of myself I liked it a lot.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I first saw this last night. I got annoyed with the guy that was working on patients who had been injured in the mass shooting; he stops to answer his cell phone?? Can it get much more unprofessional? The medics prowl around a floor that the police have not cleared and become part of the problem?? This is a bit much. Now I see why some people have the ideas that they have about what EMTs and paramedics do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Beyond what's been mentioned and the obvious lack of grasp on reality this show has, what bothers me is the lack of flow in the storyline/plots of each show. Take last night for isntance. There was virtually 3 separate plots within this single show. It made for getting in to any rhythm impossible.

+ Reply to Thread