+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mercy

Re: Mercy

I agree Kelly Bishop was perfect! The son disappeared awfully quick.

In the very beginning of the series Veronica returns from Iraq but not to her husband because she finds out he cheated on her while she was overseas. They do get back together when (ironically) she decides forgive him and take him back *pffft* Then he finds out about her affair with Sands and he drops her like a hot rock.
    and OMG@ Sands hair! what the hell? He's all coiffed and hairsprayed and it looks totally unnatural
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Thanks for the background info, Duxxy Yeah, Lauren's son evaporated! After he slept with Sonia you never saw him again. I wonder if he'll resurface later in the season.

James hair didn't look like that when he was on Men in Trees - he was much hotter on that show. Is this the negative influence of Anne Heche? He needs to go back to the naturally curly 'do.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

I totally agree that he looked so much better in Men in Trees. Like a couple of you have said, his hair is awful, but have you noticed the way he's walking. He must be heavier or something. I feel like he leads with his belly...almost like he is arching his back. To me, it's making his look like a middle-aged man. Does anybody else know what I mean?

yep ryanfan, its like he's strutting. Critical his hair was natural until 3 episodes ago and I really prefered it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3858216;
    That was a great scene! The one in the leprechaun costume was the best. Then Chloe asking if she'd had blackout sex with any of the brothers.... It was funny and then, when Veronica's father told her how he felt, it was poignant too.

I didn't get in on the very beginning of the series, so I'm not as invested in Veronica being with her husband. I do wish they'd do something about James Tupper's hair - it's the worst and I know it didn't look like that before. I really am okay with Veronica. I mean, they have to have one basket case on the show, right? I wonder if Sonia will be able to keep the secret of how Lauren died. That was a terrific storyline and Kelly Bishop was wonderful in that role. She was funny and heartbreaking and annoying all at the same time
    And is Sonia now back at the hospital? I thought she had to quit there to take care of Lauren? And I, too, wonder what happened to Lauren's son after the confrontation with her and her ex.... he just left?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3860268;
    And is Sonia now back at the hospital? I thought she had to quit there to take care of Lauren? And I, too, wonder what happened to Lauren's son after the confrontation with her and her ex.... he just left?
    I can't remember if she left completely or if she was just doing part-time at the hospital and we didn't really see it. It looks like Lauren's suicide is going to come back on Sonia. I knew it wasn't going to be so simple, but I feel bad for Sonia because it really wasn't her fault.

I have to say, I'm glad Veronica ended things with Chris. She wasn't ready to be in a relationship, particularly with him. I've enjoyed seeing Mary Stuart Masterson - I hope they keep her around as Veronica's therapist for a while. As for Chris/James Tupper - the bad styling continues! From the hair to the too-tight shirts, to the posture. Ick. I can't believe I had a crush on him when he was on Men in Trees. I guess they only have room for one stud on the show at a time and it's going to be James Van Der Beek.

I really hope this show gets picked up for another season. It's really improved over the last few months, so I hope NBC gives it a chance to get even better.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3863743;
    I can't remember if she left completely or if she was just doing part-time at the hospital and we didn't really see it. It looks like Lauren's suicide is going to come back on Sonia. I knew it wasn't going to be so simple, but I feel bad for Sonia because it really wasn't her fault.

I have to say, I'm glad Veronica ended things with Chris. She wasn't ready to be in a relationship, particularly with him. I've enjoyed seeing Mary Stuart Masterson - I hope they keep her around as Veronica's therapist for a while. As for Chris/James Tupper - the bad styling continues! From the hair to the too-tight shirts, to the posture. Ick. I can't believe I had a crush on him when he was on Men in Trees. I guess they only have room for one stud on the show at a time and it's going to be James Van Der Beek.

I really hope this show gets picked up for another season. It's really improved over the last few months, so I hope NBC gives it a chance to get even better.
    I, too, had a crush on him when he was on Men in Trees. I noticed the "change" from the beginning, but it took several episodes for me to actually consciously admit to myself that he wasn't the hunk of Alaska anymore! Also, while I thought James Van Der Beek was cute as "Dawson", he doesn't quite live up to "stud" on this show for me. His attitude hits me more like the "Napoleon" or "short guy" syndrome...trying to act tougher/cooler than he really is; yet, not fooling anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3863764;
    I, too, had a crush on him when he was on Men in Trees. I noticed the "change" from the beginning, but it took several episodes for me to actually consciously admit to myself that he wasn't the hunk of Alaska anymore! Also, while I thought James Van Der Beek was cute as "Dawson", he doesn't quite live up to "stud" on this show for me. His attitude hits me more like the "Napoleon" or "short guy" syndrome...trying to act tougher/cooler than he really is; yet, not fooling anybody.
    I kind of like that he's a jerk and acts like he's the BMOC, but we know that he's a mess. I wasn't a fan of him as Dawson - too wussy - but I think he's pretty cute now. I meant "stud" in looks only - he's the best looking guy on staff now that James Tupper looks like a grandfather. It's like "Next stop, cardigans!"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Right, James is the stud for looks, but as far as personality he's supposed to be grating, that's the character... and as Critical said, we know there's more going on, but most of the staff doesn't, although Chloe's certainly beginning to figure it out! I thought he was cute as Dawson, but prefer him all grown up, looks wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3863768;
    "Next stop, cardigans!"

So funny and so true!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast