+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mercy

Who is John Galt?

Re: Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3711992;
    I agree. There's something about it that screams "Nurse Jackie" but for general audience viewing (also minus the drug problem). It's not the worst thing, but it's definitely not anywhere near the best things on tv right now. I'll give it another chance (as I do with all new shows), but I really don't know how well it's going to do.
    I agree - but Nurse Jackie - lite. It's just okay for me. But, I do like Anne Heche's husband (can't remember name) who plays the lover from Iraq.

I'm kind of meh on this show. You guys are right, it's nurse Jackie light.. with all the steamy bits cut out. I actually like this one better than Trauma though
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm still not sold on this show. It's too bad Nurse Jackie couldn't get a 24 episode run like Mercy may.

Who is John Galt?

Laugh of the Week: Mercy last night aired a show that is supposedly from New Jersey and takes place on Oct. 14, 2009. It plays up the global warming hysteria by making like it is extremely hot in New Jersey. All the actors are sweating, wearing shorts, and complaining about the heat. Yet . . yesterday is was in the lower 40's in New Jersey and much of the country is having a very early winter, even snowing in many places. That really amused me!

Aside from that bit of amusement, I find this show mildly entertaining and sometimes annoying. The main character is unlikeable and gets away with actions that would probably cost her a job in a real hospital. Put a fork in it, I am done watching. It was turning me off before, but last night's show was aired to push a political agenda and turned me off.

I'm not a fan, either. I've watched 2x, but I also found the main character extremely unlikable and very difficult to watch.
    They've been running a lot of promos, though, showing that the Real Housewives of NJ are going to be appearing. I recognized Theresa from the promo, but have no idea who the other housewife is? Does anyone know? It's supposed to air this Wednesday.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

anyone still watching this show?? I watched last night. That Michelle Trachetenberg is so cute/sweet.. in that character

I watched it a couple of times - the last time only because they had a couple of the RHONJ on the show.
    My problem with the show was that the main character was so annoying and I could not feel any sympathy/empathy at all for her. I just could not understand how she could inspire 2 men to fall in love with her and / or have patients sing their praises about her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

*bump*

I've been watching this on hulu and I really have started to like it. I'm sure this means that it will be canceled, because any show I start liking immediately gets the boot.

The characters are really starting to develop and the writing has gotten better. I'm particularly enjoying Michelle Trachtenberg's Chloe as she grows a backbone working in the ER. She had some of the best lines in this week's episode:
    [after breaking up a big fight in the ER by spraying everyone with a fire extinguisher]: "Congratulations on making it to 11 a.m. before needing medical attention. You're the champions of stupid"
    [when the Jersey Shore wannabes start mugging for the reality show camera]: "Could you get that camera out of here? It's like catnip for morons"

I thought the addition of James Van Der Beek was a bad idea, but he's growing on me too because they're developing the character - he's not just a one-dimensional jerk.I also like that not every patient is cured and there are some really heartbreaking losses, just like in real life.

Like I said, I'm sure they'll cancel it now that I'm hooked, but I'm going to keep watching until then.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm liking Chloe too, especially how she stands up just when you start to count her out. Veronica is a hot mess and although the show is about her I'd be just as happy without her. I hate that she went back to Sands, I honestly think she belongs with her husband. At least she has finally made the first step in contacting a therapist.
    I nearly died laughing as each member of Veronica's family entered the family room post St Paddy's day party and thought they were in the middle of their own intervention. The writing is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3858190;
    I nearly died laughing as each member of Veronica's family entered the family room post St Paddy's day party and thought they were in the middle of their own intervention. The writing is good.
    That was a great scene! The one in the leprechaun costume was the best. Then Chloe asking if she'd had blackout sex with any of the brothers.... It was funny and then, when Veronica's father told her how he felt, it was poignant too.

I didn't get in on the very beginning of the series, so I'm not as invested in Veronica being with her husband. I do wish they'd do something about James Tupper's hair - it's the worst and I know it didn't look like that before. I really am okay with Veronica. I mean, they have to have one basket case on the show, right? I wonder if Sonia will be able to keep the secret of how Lauren died. That was a terrific storyline and Kelly Bishop was wonderful in that role. She was funny and heartbreaking and annoying all at the same time
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast