+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: White Collar (USA)

White Collar (USA)

Another new USA series premeiring in October -- I'm very intrigued by this one, it has a very "Thomas Crown Affair" feel to it.

From the website:

White Collar is about the unlikely partnership of a con artist and an FBI agent who have been playing cat and mouse for years. Neal Caffrey (Matt Bomer), a charming criminal mastermind, is finally caught by his nemesis, FBI Agent Peter Burke (Tim DeKay.)

When Neal escapes from a maximum-security prison to find his long-lost love, Peter nabs him once again. Rather than returning to jail, Neal suggests an alternate plan: He'll provide his criminal expertise to assist the Feds in catching other elusive criminals in exchange for his eventual freedom. Initially wary, Peter quickly finds that Neal provides insight and intuition that can't be found on the right side of the law.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Re: White Collar (USA)

I"ll be watching. It also has the feel of a tv show from years ago called It Takes A Thief starring Robert Wagner (before Hart to Hart) and Malachi Throne, with some appearances by Fred Astaire as Wagner's father.

It was about the adventures of cat burglar, pickpocket, and thief Alexander Mundy whoo steals to finance his life as a polished playboy and sophisticate. He is in prison when the U.S. government's SIA (secret intelligence agency) offers Mundy a deal to steal for the government in exchange for his freedom. Very good show back in the late 60's.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I plan to check it out - it is in the same time slot as Psych 10/9c, and (since it is the same network) I assume that Psych has it's season finale soon......
    I remember Hart to hart loved that show.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

The cast looks very promising, as well. Tim DeKay -- one of those guys who has been in everything, Matt Bomer -- WOW, heartthrob!, Tiffani Thiessan -- aka Kelly Kapowski, and Willie Garson -- who I loved as Carrie's BFF Stanford Blatch on Sex and the City.

I think it's a great and interesting mix, and I can honestly say I like all of these actors.

Benjamin Franklin.

Well, for anyone just stopping by to check things out....... This show premiere's on USA October 23rd 10/9C

I am looking forward to it, previews look like a fun show.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I will absolutely be watching. There have been very few USA scripted shows I haven't loved.

The recorder and the burner will be working hard on Fridays; Dollhouse and Stargate Univerise, then Numb3rs and White Collar.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3714290;
    I will absolutely be watching. There have been very few USA scripted shows I haven't loved.

The recorder and the burner will be working hard on Fridays; Dollhouse and Stargate Univerise, then Numb3rs and White Collar.
    I was thinking the same thing! Thank goodness Stargate Universe repeats itself enough times that I can watch it later.
    Christopher Reeve

Previews are sounding great so far... Shakefire just gave it an A+!

White Collar (PREVIEW) | Shakefire.com

Neal Caffrey (Matt Bomer ) is a con man, a thief, a master criminal whose just escaped from a maximum security prison. FBI Agent Peter Burke (Tim Dekay) is the man responsible for putting Caffrey behind bars and heís also the man who, not long after his escape, has tracked him down and put him back behind bars. In the meantime Burke is hot on the trail of another master criminal who eludes him frustratingly around every corner and with their little reunion behind them, at the suggestion of Caffrey, Burke brings him on board as an advisor, still an inmate, but a relatively free one with a two mile leeway from his abode. The unlikely friendship is either sink or swim but together thereís a good chance they will get their man.

My hat is off to USA for bringing yet another well crafted show to the masses. Matt Bomer and Tim Dekay have great chemistry as unlikely partners in their plight to catch the bad guy. Bomer exudes charm and Dekay plays, rather well, the persistent hard working FBI Agent (with a heart). On the sidelines is Elizabeth (Tiffani Thiessen), Peterís loving wife and Kate (Alexandra Daddario), Nealís love interest who has disappeared purposefully. Marsha Thomason plays Burkes partner.

Canadian director Bronwen Hughes, who has directed for other USA shows (Royal Pains and Burn Notice) as well as HBOís The L Word and the award winning Breaking Bad, may have been the perfect choice as director of the pilot. The show is completely television but comes off like a feature film. Having seen the pilot episode I am admittedly bummed I wont be seeing another episode till October when the show officially begins but when it does my bet is that it will become the new best of USA programming. Make sure to catch it when it airs and enjoy.

Benjamin Franklin.

Just a reminder that this show's premiere is this Friday night, October 23, in the Psych slot. So much to watch on Fridays, but like the other USA shows, it does repeat several times.

USA is also the best at putting up their new shows online once they start airing:

Drama Television Series - White Collar TV Series - USA Network -White Collar

Also they usually have great preview clips and extras. Always worth a quick check.

Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast