+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: White Collar (USA)

Re: White Collar (USA)

I've caught a few episodes of this show and I'm hooked. Anyone know where I can find season 1 to watch. I have DirectTV and they only have season 2 on demand right now. Would like to catch up on season 1 so I know what's going on with this Kate.

FORT Fogey

I'm very happy they brought Diana back, and I loved the way she rescued herself at the end of the second episode and then, when Peter et. al. came flying through the door, looked up with a smile and said, "Oh, you were worried!" I thought it was particularly funny that she told that guy exactly what she'd do if he tried to pull a gun on her and then went right ahead and did it.

I really like the dynamic with the guys--Neal, Peter, and Mozzie--but Diana is a much better addition than the female agent they had last season, whose name I can't even remember. That's how much of an impression she made on me. I felt it was a nice touch that the first person Neal's really talked to about Kate after the explosion was Diana too. After he discovered she'd seen someone she loved get killed and blamed herself for it, he started talking about Kate with her, because he knew she understood what it was like. For all the genuine concern Peter and Mozzie have for Neal's situation, it may be Diana who can really understand what he's going through and it may be her to whom he turns as a result. It's a neat little twist to the story, since Diana's also working with Peter and is the only one who knows the exact location of the music box.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4002618;
    I'm very happy they brought Diana back, and I loved the way she rescued herself at the end of the second episode and then, when Peter et. al. came flying through the door, looked up with a smile and said, "Oh, you were worried!" I thought it was particularly funny that she told that guy exactly what she'd do if he tried to pull a gun on her and then went right ahead and did it.

I really like the dynamic with the guys--Neal, Peter, and Mozzie--but Diana is a much better addition than the female agent they had last season, whose name I can't even remember. That's how much of an impression she made on me. I felt it was a nice touch that the first person Neal's really talked to about Kate after the explosion was Diana too. After he discovered she'd seen someone she loved get killed and blamed herself for it, he started talking about Kate with her, because he knew she understood what it was like. For all the genuine concern Peter and Mozzie have for Neal's situation, it may be Diana who can really understand what he's going through and it may be her to whom he turns as a result. It's a neat little twist to the story, since Diana's also working with Peter and is the only one who knows the exact location of the music box.
    Did you miss the scene where Diana now has the Music Box?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 9Cloud;4002636;
    Did you miss the scene where Diana now has the Music Box?

No, as I said in the last part of my message, Diana is the only one who knows where the music box is. She offered to tell Peter, and he thought it best that he not know. That's why I thought it was more interesting that Neal bond with her over knowing what it was like to see someone you love killed in front of you and feel it was your thought. That connection makes the fact that she knows where the music box is and is working with Peter to figure out who wants it and why without letting Neal in on what they know more of a complication. If Neal starts to trust Diana as well as Peter and finds out both of them are definitely keeping things from him, it will be a bigger problem for Neal, who's already told Peter that he [Neal] has never deliberately lied to him. True, Diana is covertly, as opposed to overtly, lying to him so far, but Peter has already lied overtly and Diana may have to follow suit.

I also thought there was a moment in the previous weeks show (bank heist, not the last one) when Diana asked if Peter would tell Neal, or maybe she suggested that Peter tell Neal (about the music box)...... but Peter said something like not now. I think she would like Neal to know, and seem to recall that Peter thought Neal had not healed sufficiently over Kate's death for him to be privy to that info. It is very interesting how they are weaving this plot.

I have mentioned this farther up thread so I won't repeat myself, but I am very happy we have Diana back. Her character stood out in the pilot episode, and they were smart to bring her back full time to the show. I also enjoy seeing Agent Clinton Jones, his part is small; but he does the dedicated agent, following his boss..... well. They have a great ensemble! I feel that I would enjoy having all the characters as my friends.

I have not yet watched this past week's episode, but was just about too. - so, see you all later.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I agree. Diana is a great addition to the cast. USA just doesn't disappoint.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;4000835;
    O M G!

I loved it.. Matt is such a cutie.. but that poor kid. He looked so pained to be there
    I know! The poor kid looked like he wanted to cry, but Matt & Tim were fabulous.

FORT Fogey

They really seem to be hitting their stride in the second season--not that I didn't enjoy the first season, but now that the characters and their relationships are more firmly established and the actors and the writers are increasingly at ease with them, it just keeps getting better. In particular, they're getting much better with the funny little asides that are almost thrown away by the characters in exactly the way such remarks might be tossed between friends.

I also loved Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King" being used as Mozzie's reaction to entering FBI headquarters. What a way to show his panic about being there at last. I just hope he doesn't get too comfortable there. I like Mozzie's paranoia about "the suits."

Speaking of the suits, does anyone know if Mrs. Suit aka Elizabeth is less in evidence lately because of maternity leave? I liked the balance between Peter's home life and work life--and while I'm on the subject, I'd like to see more of June/Neal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4024710;
    Speaking of the suits, does anyone know if Mrs. Suit aka Elizabeth is less in evidence lately because of maternity leave? I liked the balance between Peter's home life and work life--and while I'm on the subject, I'd like to see more of June/Neal too.
    Yeah I think TAT is on mat leave for a while longer, I think the scene last night was shot while she was still pregnant, her poor face was so bloated. Pregnancy can be so unkind in the last month. I'll be glad to see her back soon too, I like the relationship between Peter and Elizabeth... and Mozzie and Elizabeth
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4025628;
    Yeah I think TAT is on mat leave for a while longer, I think the scene last night was shot while she was still pregnant, her poor face was so bloated. Pregnancy can be so unkind in the last month. I'll be glad to see her back soon too, I like the relationship between Peter and Elizabeth... and Mozzie and Elizabeth
    As much as i do not care for Tiffani i DO like the interaction with her and mozz.. its so innocent
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread