+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: White Collar (USA)

Re: White Collar (USA)

I think Seagel may have been more along the criminal lines & he was going to find a way to work a big score with Neal.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I think Seagel may have been more along the criminal lines & he was going to find a way to work a big score with Neal.
    I'd thought of that too, that perhaps Siegel was even involved with Hagen and that Hagen offed him. In any case, they really have to flip the script somehow so that Neal does not end up feeling responsible for Siegel's death. Where he was found and why has to have nothing to do with Neal meeting Hagen there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Neat analysis, Tilden. I've suspected that there was something more to the appointment of Siegel as Neal's handler almost from the start. What you propose could certainly be true and would make a good story, I think. I just would not want to see Peter, Neal, or Mozzie in jail unless it was a short time for them to uncover something major as Ellen did in the past.
    I think it has to work out that way--not necessarily the way I supposed but so that Neal, Peter, and/or Mozzie are not held responsible for Siegel's death. It also would seem a little coincidental for Siegel to bring up his wealth, his realization that the people around him were just wealthier criminals, his losing his wife over going from a wealthy heir to an FBI agent etc. right before he gets shot down. And it is White Collar, so they need a white collar criminal to pursue, and I don't think they've done enough further development of Hagen for it to be just him.

And yeah, it felt to me all along that there was more to the new handler than was being said, and honestly, this is a show where there's always some kind of mystery/conspiracy going on, other than just the ones in Mozzie's head, so things are rarely ever what they seem. For that matter, the mystery usually goes for at least a the season, so they have to be setting something up they can follow through on for a while.

Is it just me wearing my mystery solver's hat or does anyone else think that Neal's new love will turn out to be an evil character, maybe even aligned with Hagen? She has pushed herself way further in the investigation than her job and lifestyle would seem to support. She seem to have no fear of getting involved in their activities which rings false to me.

I would think that Neal and Mozzie would be more suspicious of her, but Neal's big weakness is his attraction to the wrong women. I suppose Mozzie doesn't want to push it so that he won't alienate Neal.

Any thoughts on this theory, pro or con, would be most welcome.
    Mike'sgirl and babymay like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I didn't trust her I'm an innocent young lady act at all. From the beginning I felt like she was in on the plot to use Neal.
    Mike'sgirl and Florimel like this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I didn't trust her I'm an innocent young lady act at all. From the beginning I felt like she was in on the plot to use Neal.
    Agree! Have not trusted her from the beginning. Can't wait for her story arc to complete. I have enjoyed most (if not all) of the past ladies, and am surprised that I have no trust in her whatsoever. She feels insincere and am already looking forward to her absence from the show. I'm with you and Florimel on this.
    Florimel likes this.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Count me in as distrusting her motives as well. She has been way to eager to help and she has shown up at the most unusual times.
    I didn't catch her motives at first but during the last episode, my investigating hat blinked a bright yellow caution warning.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 12-23-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Florimel likes this.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

her uncanny ability to pop up JUST as they decide on their next move was cluing me in for a while now. but yeah.. shes fishy.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I agree that she's fishy, but I'm curious to know what her angle is. I'm guessing that she doesn't work for Hagen, and there's another party that's interested in the codex for some reason. I could be wrong, but it would make things more interesting if I'm right.
    Florimel and TripleGemini like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I am wondering if Neal and Mozzie are onto the girl and are playing her. Its just too convenient for her to always be there and wanting to help.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread