+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: White Collar (USA)

Re: White Collar (USA)

I liked the way the finale was handled as far as they way they revealed Neal's father. But it seemed a bit of a set up at the safe house and how "Sam" was being beat up.

I do appreciate how USA runs its series. Enough to keep you interested. Enough to feel as if it was a season finale. And aired not in direct competition to the Big Three networks. January is a perfect time to wrap up the season. Nothing but repeats by the Big Three due to the holidays. Smart programming.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I liked the way the finale was handled as far as they way they revealed Neal's father. But it seemed a bit of a set up at the safe house and how "Sam" was being beat up.

I do appreciate how USA runs its series. Enough to keep you interested. Enough to feel as if it was a season finale. And aired not in direct competition to the Big Three networks. January is a perfect time to wrap up the season. Nothing but repeats by the Big Three due to the holidays. Smart programming.
    Yeah. I wondered whether "Sam" getting beat up was a con. Neal may have come by his skills by nature as much as nurture.

I agree about liking the way they structure their seasons with an exciting mid-season finale and then more shows starting in January that make up the rest of this season.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I agree that the reveal was handled beautifully, not overly dramatic, but calmly and gently showing the impact on all of them. I also agree that Sam's beating did seem a little contrived. It made me wonder if the DNA test might have been faked and if we'll find out that Sam is not really Neal's father during the winter season. I hope they do not go that route; I'd find it extremely beyond the limits of creative twists and would be very disappointed. There is so much good story to tell if they leave it the way it is. Treat Williams is such a good addition to the cast for as long as he stays. Excellent casting choice.

As an aside, I'd love to see Diahann Carroll and Matt Bomer sing together again with Billy Dee Williams at the piano.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I agree that Treat Williams is an excellent choice for Neil's father. They both have great hair.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FAVE show

So glad it's back. What a great way to set up the season.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I think I'm liking Warren Kole as Neal's new handler. He's quite appealing to me and definitely a different type than Peter.

Loved the episode where we learned more about who Mozzie really is.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I loved baby Theo. I wonder if Diana will "forget" what she found.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

Is anyone else wondering if the murder of Agent Siegel actually has less to do with Neal than Neal is supposing that it does? Siegel not only mentioned that he came from money but that he went into the FBI because he eventually recognized that he was surrounded simply by a better class of criminals who could afford more expensive lawyers. He may very well have known things that helped bring down influential people or could help bring them down. What if those influential people knew that he was going to be assigned as Neal's new handler? It didn't exactly make sense to me that Hagen could have such control over a prosecutor, but someone with money and power could have that control. So that person (or persons) makes a deal with Hagen: get Neal to start stealing again to save Peter and once he's under his thumb, Hagen can use him to get himself free--and the judge who suddenly let Hagen go, because a single piece of evidence went missing might also be under that person's control as well. As Neal's handler, Siegel's going to keep his eye on him and sooner or later, Hagen can get him in a position to be killed--and if an investigation starts, Neal's an obvious suspect, particularly since Neal can't really say anything about his involvement with Hagen without implicating himself and possibly landing an innocent Peter, who knew nothing about the deal and didn't shoot anyone in the first place, back in jail. Hagen disappears into the wind with the help of those who worked out the bargain with him in the first place, or they (or he/she if it's one person) causes him to disappear permanently as well. And Neal (and Peter and Mozzie) are left holding the bag for a series of crimes that hide the real reason for Siegel's death.

I'm just not sure how the book works into anything, unless that is something the powerful person wanted in the first place. Or he/she is he anonymous owner, and it was just used as bait. In that case, if Mozzie and Neal found anything by decoding the chapter that would help them locate the anonymous person behind it all, that would be a nice twist.

Neat analysis, Tilden. I've suspected that there was something more to the appointment of Siegel as Neal's handler almost from the start. What you propose could certainly be true and would make a good story, I think. I just would not want to see Peter, Neal, or Mozzie in jail unless it was a short time for them to uncover something major as Ellen did in the past.

+ Reply to Thread