+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: White Collar (USA)

Re: White Collar (USA)

Oh, yes. I'm watching. I watch just about all scripted shows on USA. Covert isn't one of my top three and I think that's because I think Piper Perabo is the weak acting talent link. The other characters all work for me and it's still better than most. If I'm not mistaken, we have two more episodes for this part of the season and another 6-8 starting in November (I thiink it's November).
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    This is going to sound totally off the wall. I'll have to go back and rewatch this season's episodes to see if there is something that negates my speculation.

Most likely I'm completely wrong, but I've been wondering if Sam Phelps is really Neil's supposedly dead father.
    Treat Williams certainly looks like he could be his father.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Did anyone see the promo for next week's season finale at the end of this episode. There seem to be some foreshadowing that our speculation may be on target.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Did anyone see the promo for next week's season finale at the end of this episode. There seem to be some foreshadowing that our speculation may be on target.
    Saw it and said AHA!

Then I thought is he really? It's a twist with the expected twist.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Saw it and said AHA!

Then I thought is he really? It's a twist with the expected twist.
    Yes, I thought about that, too. "Self," I said, "maybe they suspect the viewers are thinking that, so we'll give them a hint that they're correct, but it will turn out to be something different." In any case, I hope there will be the reveal next week, not just the hint that will not be make clear until next season. I've kind of had my fill of cliff hangers.

I am probably the only one fearful of Sam. I keep thinking he was the one that committed the murder Neil's father confessed too. I've wondered if he was the one responsible for Ellen's death too. He could have staged that whole apartment destruction before he left. My husband is with you though, and thinks Sam is Neil's long lost father. It would be a good story line, and will probably result in the cliff-hanger ending. I can't believe the season ends so soon!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    I am probably the only one fearful of Sam. I keep thinking he was the one that committed the murder Neil's father confessed too. I've wondered if he was the one responsible for Ellen's death too. He could have staged that whole apartment destruction before he left. My husband is with you though, and thinks Sam is Neil's long lost father. It would be a good story line, and will probably result in the cliff-hanger ending. I can't believe the season ends so soon!
    Interesting possibility, MG.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I did think that about that possibility, too, MikesGirl. But, I'm hoping that it's the father story that pans out because I think it would make for a better story arc than another double agent. But, whatever it turns out to be, I'm eager to see it.

Is next week the end of the season or just the end of the first half of the season? I saw the next episode referred to somewhere as the midseason finale. Last season, there were sixteen shows, ten before a break at the end of August and then six more picking up in January.

I'm thinking it's probably the same this year. I'd forgotten about the break, but I remember that I thought the season was over and then was surprised last spring to discover that there were a bunch of episodes I had missed.

I think new episodes begin in January. It appears our speculation was on target. I was worried that Peter might not tell Neal and was happy to see that wasn't true. January is too far away.

+ Reply to Thread