+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: White Collar (USA)

FORT Fogey

Re: White Collar (USA)

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4057468;
    or having someone like Mozzie in his home - now that would be funny!
    I actually thought about that too. It's entirely possible they'd want Mozzie in a safe house as soon as he can be released from the hospital, and I'm sure as paranoid as Mozzie is, he's going to want out of that hospital ASAP. As a matter of fact, in the episode where he pretended to be a mental case so Neal could sneak into that hospital, didn't Mozzie specifically say he hated hospitals? However, Mozzie would probably also be highly distrustful of an FBI safe house, and/or anyone the FBI would send in to help him during his convalescence. I could totally see Elizabeth suggesting he stay with them, and Mozzie agreeing to that, while Peter stood there stammering, "Wait...I...El, do you really think that's such a good idea?" Then Elizabeth would glare at him as if she could not possibly believe that he'd turn his back on a sick person, particularly a sick person who helped him hide out when he needed it, and Neal would be highly amused by the entire thing.

Inside of a week, Mozzie would have Satchmo bringing him Peter's slippers.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4057626;
    I would place a very large wager that Mozzie survives. I think it's just a cliffhanger to generate speculation. No way do I believe they will lose this character, unless as suggested above, Willie Garson wanted out.

And I have a hard time believing Willie Garson would want out, since he seems to be having an extremely good time playing Mozzie.

The Moz MUST survive. LOL Love him too much. I figure they'll fake his death and keep him in hiding, etc., to flush out the dude that shot him.

FORT Fogey

I can see the Facebook campaign already: Save the Moz!

But seriously, there really are too many reasons Moz has to survive: he has the answer to the code; he's the only consistent link the audience has to Neal's past; he provides the counterbalance to Peter in terms of Neal's closest friends; he's a huge source of comic relief in a show that clearly wants to incorporate humor into a one-hour drama; they've done an awful lot of work to flesh out this secondary character (clearly more than they've done with Diana or Jones), which indicates the writers/producers are rather fond of him; Neal's already lost Kate (or so he thinks anyway--I think she may still be alive and playing him), so having him lose Mozzie too would be incredibly cruel; they used a death as a cliffhanger last time, so I doubt they'd do it again so soon; and most importantly, unless the writers/producers have suddenly loaded up on stupid pills, I think they know Mozzie just isn't expendable.

I think it would be fun to have a "Save the Moz" campaign. Where do I sign up?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4058218;
    I think it would be fun to have a "Save the Moz" campaign. Where do I sign up?
    Beats me. I must be the last person on the planet who isn't on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4057717;
    And I have a hard time believing Willie Garson would want out, since he seems to be having an extremely good time playing Mozzie.
    I think it is just a cliffhanger - the character is way to popular to risk alienating the hordes of fans. I would sooner see Neal go then Mozzie! Really! That's how much I love the guy.......... I love Mozzie!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4058706;
    Beats me. I must be the last person on the planet who isn't on Facebook.
    Nope, me too. Can't stand it.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

FORT Fogey

Well, I think if they let Neal go, they might have a rather difficult time continuing with the show....

That being said, I really can't see them killing Mozzie off. I can't even see him incapacitated to the point of being out of the mix for all that long. Heck, Peter certainly popped back quickly from nearly expiring. Come to think of it, Neal nearly bought it when all the air was sucked out of the room where that guy kept his priceless comic book collection too. Nearly dying without actually dying is pretty much par for the course on White Collar. I think that's at least partially due to the fact that they want the show to have a lighter touch than some crime dramas, as they've gone with humor since day one (as have a lot of USA dramas). Killing off Mozzie would be about as unfunny as they could get.

Speaking of pseudo-deaths, it occurred to me this morning, while watching a repeat, that if it was Kate's idea to blow up the plane as a cover for her and Neal's vanishing act, wouldn't she have access to whatever device would cause the explosion? I believe the last thing she says on the tape is to ask what she should do now that Peter's shown up--and then there's the sound of the explosion. What's to say that she didn't escape the plane and then blow it up? The fact that the sound of the explosion comes on the heels of her asking what she should do now means virtually nothing. If whoever was controlling Fowler had the pull to get him transferred to OPR and potentially make the murder of his wife's killer just go away, it's entirely possible that person could also have tampered with the black box recording. Heck, what Neal heard wasn't even the actual black box recording--it was a copy of it, which would be even easier to tamper with than the real deal. Surely whoever's behind all this is watching everything Neal does--he/she must be or Mozzie wouldn't have been shot in the first place--and could be throwing him all kinds of red herrings. Personally, I think it would be way more interesting if Kate weren't dead and is instead up to her eyeballs in involvement in this whole sordid mess. Neal needs to drop his rose-colored glasses where she's involved instead of mourning her memory in order to move on. If she had anything to do with Mozzie nearly being killed, I think Neal will find that very hard to swallow. And really, Kate's pretty expendable in terms of the audience, as none of us has had any real time to get to know her, much less like her--she's more of a plot point than a character. If someone has to turn out to be villainous, it might as well be her.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;4059336;
    Nope, me too. Can't stand it.
    Me three.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread