+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cougar Town

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Cougar Town

Still a winner!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Between "Modern Family," "Cougar Town," and "Eastwick," I laugh and/or giggle for two solid hours on Wednesday nights!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I still like it! It's the only sitcom I watch.

I loved the whole 'bra' issue. That was hilarious.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I'm really trying to stick with this one - everyone seems to like it so much. I'll give it another week. I keep thinking I'm just missing something.

I really like this show, I was turned off at first because I thought it was going to be all about a desperate 40something trying to get her hooks into a man... any man. It's turned out to be very funny. I love everyone in the show except Courney Cox... it's like she's playing Monica Geller 18 years later. Her comedic timing seems to be a little slow too. My feelings about this show are a lot like I felt about Will and Grace, the 'supporting players' are the meat of the show and the best, most interesting part.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, I guess even Monica had go grow into middle age eventually. Since I didn't watch Friends, but I did watch 'Dirt' and this, I really appreciate her adult acting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3728128;
    I just stumbled on this one tonight for the first time. I can't decide if I like it yet. Do people really talk that fast in conversation? My head would be swimming if I were around those people.

Oh, and to those who are offended by Two and a Half Men - count me in. Way over the line for a prime-time network show.
    It is appalling (and I'm not a prude).

I'm not sure what is more blood-boiling...Charlie Sheen's acting, the apparent selective memory of the masses about his multiple scandals, the writing on that show, the show's theme song, waiting for it to end so I can record the next show without getting any 2 1/2 dirt on my recording or into my mind and psyche or having to FF through the end of it because I recorded that station for the next show up.

I put CT in that same category, except that I don't know of any CC scandals, and I don't recall that show's theme song (lucky me). Also, I don't think that CC is a very good actor, especially not a good comedic actor.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I don't get the hype on this show either. I'm also not a prude, but this show is really, really shallow. Who is her best friend/next door neighbor - used to be on Drew Carey. I've always thought she was beautiful, but she's had some work done (looks a little like Pricsilla Pressley now). But beyond the looks, I really can't warm up to the characters. Modern Family, on the other hand, is VERY witty. Great writing and acting on that show! jmo, of course.

I am totally onboard with everyone thinking Hank is sucky, but I do not understand why they are now advertising Modern Family as "best new comedy." I like that show, but Cougar Town and The Middle are better.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3735471;
    I am totally onboard with everyone thinking Hank is sucky, but I do not understand why they are now advertising Modern Family as "best new comedy." I like that show, but Cougar Town and The Middle are better.
    Because people tend to treat Modern Family as if it's some sort of high brow, cerebreal type of comedy show.

In my experience, people tend to hype Modern Family up, by talking every other show down... even if they haven't seen those shows yet.
    This is not a signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast