+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eastwick

Eastwick

The pilot is tonite at 10pm EST on ABC. Please keep all discussion in this thread until after the show has aired on the West Coast.

Yes, it is based on John Updike's novel and the movie "The Witches of Eastwick". Rebecca Romijn, Lindsay Price, Jamie Ray Newman, and Paul Gross are in it, per TV Guide.

Can't wait!
    Last edited by Critical; 09-23-2009 at 06:40 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Re: Eastwick - 9/23 discussion *spoilers*

We don't have spoiler only threads for non-reality shows. If people want to avoid spoilers, they should stay out of this thread until after the show airs on the West Coast.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Eastwick - 9/23 discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3709731;
    We don't have spoiler only threads for non-reality shows. If people want to avoid spoilers, they should stay out of this thread until after the show airs on the West Coast.
    I couldn't find a thread (via search) specifically for this show. So I created it, but put "*spoilers*" so no one would stumble into it before it aired on the West Coast.

Now I'm really confused. Should the title just be "Eastwick", and all the discussion for every week will be in here?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Re: Eastwick

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3709740;
    Now I'm really confused. Should the title just be "Eastwick", and all the discussion for every week will be in here?
    Yes.

It's fine that you created a thread for the show if there wasn't one. We only have one thread for each show in the non-reality forum. Otherwise, this forum would be a mess!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I've read a number of advance reviews on this. Every one of them hated it & totally trashed it.
    I, on the other hand, plan to see for myself. It's one of the new shows that I've been looking forward to. The previews make it look fun & interesting, & I like Rebecca Romjin (sp).
    I'm going in with positive expectation & an open mind. We'll see what we all say AFTER we've seen it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I'll probably watch, but I don't have high hopes. It feels like another one of those shows that the network hypes like crazy, but then just drops after the first episode tanks.

I like the three lead actresses, but don't know the actor playing Darrell. I've always thought Chris Noth would be perfect in that role.

Well, I enjoyed it! I was surprised, because some of the hyped up shows have not lived up to my expectations this week. With Eastwick, I didn't expect much, and was pleasantly surprised. I am not sure how they will make an ongoing series out of it, but I like all of the actors in it, laughed a few times, - so I plan to continue to watch again next week.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3709856;
    I'll probably watch, but I don't have high hopes. It feels like another one of those shows that the network hypes like crazy, but then just drops after the first episode tanks.

I like the three lead actresses, but don't know the actor playing Darrell. I've always thought Chris Noth would be perfect in that role.
    Ooooo, he would be perfect for it. Jack Nicholson is such a hard act to follow.

I can't think of anyone else who would be more perfect (something to think about, though). Clark Gable could have done it. Russell Brand, but then it would have to be on cable.

I watched it and liked it. I'm going to give Darrell's actor a chance.

Thanks for changing the thread title and explaining things. Obviously, I spend far too much time in the "reality" show forums.

Paul Gross plays Daryl and I thought he was every bit as good as Noth would be in the role. (IMO) He charmed me. He is better looking then Nicholson, but maybe not as believably dangerous.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3709856;
    I'm shocked - shocked, I tells ya . Paul Gross is one of Canada's biggest auteurs and all-round stars. Though Americans may remember him primarily from Due South.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast