+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eastwick

Re: Eastwick

Well suck ABC is always canceling shows I like. This one had some promise. I guess that brings me down to one scripted ABC show that I watch (Castle). This just frees up my time to do something else...like watch Project Runway the first time it airs.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That really dissapoints me. Why is it that anything that's a little quirky and different, but loads of fun, gets cancelled?
    Why couldn't it be that offensive, insult to middle aged women (and everyone else) Cougartown!!
    I'm glad the network is at least letting the show run it's course before pulling it.
    On the bright side, now I'll just turn off the TV at 8:30 & read more.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3747164;
    That really dissapoints me. Why is it that anything that's a little quirky and different, but loads of fun, gets cancelled?
    Why couldn't it be that offensive, insult to middle aged women (and everyone else) Cougartown!!
    I'm glad the network is at least letting the show run it's course before pulling it.
    On the bright side, now I'll just turn off the TV at 8:30 & read more.
    Exactly! Especially on the bolded part.

Oh well, maybe I will just continue to record it, and watch the rest of the season in marathon-mode. I'm 2 episodes behind, anyway.

The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Wah! I think we all saw this coming....

Of course they're cancelling it. I just caught up on my dvr. Drat.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Well, I enjoyed the show but after a recent 7 day vacation I am behind on episodes, and don't know whether to get more involved, or cut my losses now??????

I guess ABC is in a bind and needs a spot for the return of Lost, (rumored to be on January 20th) in same time slot as before. Which means juggling around the new hit shows currently on Wednesday. Since I am not watching Cougar Town or Hank - I would prefer that they drop those two shows, and keep Eastwick and Lost..... would still fit in nicely ........but who am I?
    They did the same thing with Defying Gravity and I loved that show!!!!! Watched the remaining episodes online thanks to Canadian viewers and Canada ABC. I wish I could boycott ABC, but I am hooked on Modern Family and Lost.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Crap crap and double crap!! I think Eastwick was really starting to come into it's own (I mean, it's no Glee, but still... ). The characters blend well together and I really wanted to see where they were going with the guy Roxie keeps having visions of killing her. Is he really the son of Bun or one of the other original witches? And what happens with Darryl? And will the three really figure out their powers before the show ends? Not to mention I was really liking the chemistry with Lindsay Price and the new guy that took her job. Grrrrr!! ....FYI, I googled Eastwick for IMBD to figure out some of the names, and I found the cast for a 2002 pilot that I guess never aired. Marcia Cross, Kelly Rutherford and Lori Laughlin played the leads.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

This sucks. They cancelled it already? It's not on the tv listings for tonight.

I'm sure it won't matter, but I sent ABC feedback about them cancelling Eastwisk. You can too here:

ABC.com - Contact Us

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The next couple of Wednesday nights apparently have specials scheduled. Supposedly, they plan to go ahead with their original Eastwick 13 episodes.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3748123;
    Well, I enjoyed the show but after a recent 7 day vacation I am behind on episodes, and don't know whether to get more involved, or cut my losses now??????

I guess ABC is in a bind and needs a spot for the return of Lost, (rumored to be on January 20th) in same time slot as before. Which means juggling around the new hit shows currently on Wednesday. Since I am not watching Cougar Town or Hank - I would prefer that they drop those two shows, and keep Eastwick and Lost..... would still fit in nicely ........but who am I?
    They did the same thing with Defying Gravity and I loved that show!!!!! Watched the remaining episodes online thanks to Canadian viewers and Canada ABC. I wish I could boycott ABC, but I am hooked on Modern Family and Lost.

Hank was cancelled, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast