+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eastwick

Re: Eastwick

There are a few things that I am interested in finding out. I wonder who that guy is that has moved in. Obviously he knows something is up, but I can't figure out if he's a solid good guy, or a mix.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3716175;
    There are a few things that I am interested in finding out. I wonder who that guy is that has moved in. Obviously he knows something is up, but I can't figure out if he's a solid good guy, or a mix.
    I have a feeling he is not a good guy at all. He took a branding iron to himself and gave himself the scar that she saw in her dreams. (scary dude).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3716752;
    I have a feeling he is not a good guy at all. He took a branding iron to himself and gave himself the scar that she saw in her dreams. (scary dude).
    And after she lifted his shirt to look for the scar that wasn't there yet.

Hopefully this isn't another show about time anamolies, lol. LOST is more than enough, and I am probably going to venture in to Flash Forward tonite.

But anyway, I am loving this show. I didn't realize that John Updike wrote the book!

Must look up who plays Jamie.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Darn - I still have to remember the character names, but I wondered why newspaper girl didn't just blurt out to one of the previous three witches that Darryl was back. Didn't her brain click with the photo showing three women with him in a previous generation? I guess if she had learned the TRUE history of the town and the witches therein, the show would be over. Didn't you just know that the dog belonged to Darryl? And yes, the newcomer is scary. I wonder if he is a witch hunter with a mission now that power has been revealed?

I know the women had their lives interrupted with the eruption of their witching powers, but, really, they need to look around them to really see what those powers are. The Power of Three was evident in the fall and strangle of the bad boy and that happened at the end of the show...will they get a clue from that instance that the three of them could work in concert?

Still love Darryl...the actor is playing him just right...a snake oil salesman with horns.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hoping that Cybill Shepher's character will be a repeating role. She has the symbol on her door frame that the Irish guy branded onto his skin. I think that this is going to be a pleasing and fun show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Cybill did a great witch's laugh, although most of it was behind the door. I would have liked to see the inside of her house and see her doing that laugh.

RR is doing a great job, and casting did well with finding someone to play Mia who could visually pass as her real-life daughter.

I thought that it was a bit farfetched that red-headed mom would reconcile with her hubby so soon. C'mon, writers...

I'm not fond of the acting by the newspaper girl's actor (way, way overdone), am not fond of the acting by the priest/preacher's actor, and I still wish that Darryl's role was being played by somebody else.

Still love the show, though!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3721784;

I thought that it was a bit farfetched that red-headed mom would reconcile with her hubby so soon. C'mon, writers...
    Still love the show, though!
    Are you kidding me??? Her hubby has the "kavorka".........the lure of the animal....!!!! She is helpless to resist! Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she didn't come up pregnant, especially since she has a bunch of kids already!

I even know people in relationships like that!! When they start to talk, you put your fingers in your ears and sing, "La-la-la-la...."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Production is keeping this show light and airy with a little spooky thrown in. The Lois Lane/Superman character (must cover her eyes with glasses and look like a nerd) is over the top delicious. Her sidekick is annoying, though. I'm loving the Darryl character - even in the opening credits when he gives that seductive, but evil grin. He is so much better than Jack Nicholson's flat out creep. I still can't get over Kyle XY being a grownup with intentions.

The plot line is still sluggish - guess because they have a few weeks to fill - the three are seeing new powers emerge every week and maybe next week will realize they tie into their emotions. I had a problem with the reconciliation with the dead boy - it was sappily like the moving-on section of Ghost Whisperer that I see every week.

For all it has formula thrown into the script, I still like the lightness of the production values and will continue to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3723573;
    The plot line is still sluggish - guess because they have a few weeks to fill - the three are seeing new powers emerge every week and maybe next week will realize they tie into their emotions. I had a problem with the reconciliation with the dead boy - it was sappily like the moving-on section of Ghost Whisperer that I see every week.

For all it has formula thrown into the script, I still like the lightness of the production values and will continue to watch.
    I must be tired, because I thought that the boy wanting to hear her say she was sorry, was a waste - just filler to stretch the show out in it's time slot; perhaps there is the lesson "to be careful about what you wish for" as well......... But, it felt out of place to me and I wanted them to move past it.
    I too, like the lightness and fun quality of the show, and agree that Daryl is more believable in the charmingly seductive role, then Nicholson's portrayal in the movie. I had a hard time believing the witches found Jack attractive, whereas Paul Gross is very easy on my eyes.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

The last few episodes have picked up a bit of steam and I was enjoying the ladies friendship development lines--really enjoyed the full moon/everyone goes crazy epi. This past weeks episode was a let down though. Cybil returns next week!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast