+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eastwick

Re: Eastwick

I enjoyed it, although the whole thing was too predictable. The previews darn near gave away the entire episode. Nothing left to surprise us.
    I'll definitely be watching next week. I think I'll get a more accurate opinion when I don't know the whole episode before watching it.
    As for the Darryl character, I kept thinking the guy who plays Karl from Desperate Housewives could have done it justice. Charm, cockiness, deceptiveness, understanding & vulnerabe when need be & definitely good looking.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

If the actor playing Darryl would quit trying to be the incarnation of Jack Nicholson and bring his own style to the part then I might find him a little more believable in the role (or maybe it's just me doing too much comparison?). I also couldn't see past Kyle XY being all grown up! Overall I enjoyed it but can't see it lasting as a series.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I liked the costumes. I want to know where to shop for Rebecca R's belly-hiding outfits, lol!
    The devil guy was a jerk, not at all sexy. What were they thinking when they cast him?
    I thought it was funny how the beginning had a narrator a la Desperate Housewives, only to find out it was a lady reading a children's story, lol. Clearly they are going for the Desperate Housewives viewers. I will watch it. The town is beautiful.

I hope this Wednesday night lineup (Modern Family-Cougar Town-Eastwick) doesn't tank! There's not a lot out there for "my demographic," and it is frustrating when they cancel stuff. We were kind of saved from that by the writer's strike before - was that last year? It is all a blur! - but now there are so many new shows at once that the networks will no doubt take away some of the things we are trying to watch!
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-24-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3710455;
    I liked the costumes. I want to know where to shop for Rebecca R's belly-hiding outfits, lol!
    The devil guy was a jerk, not at all sexy. What were they thinking when they cast him?
    Yeah, I will be watching in spite of him. But it was just the first episode. --roll eyes smilie--
    I thought it was funny how the beginning had a narrator a la Desperate Housewives, only to find out it was a lady reading a children's story, lol. Clearly they are going for the Desperate Housewives viewers. I will watch it. The town is beautiful.
    Since I am not a fan of the DH narrator device, at first, I cringed and almost gave up. But I persevered and was enchanted.

I am loving the use of color and a million other things about this show.
    I hope this Wednesday night lineup (Modern Family-Cougar Town-Eastwick) doesn't tank! There's not a lot out there for "my demographic," and it is frustrating when they cancel stuff. We were kind of saved from that by the writer's strike before - was that last year? It is all a blur! - but now there are so many new shows at once that the networks will no doubt take away some of the things we are trying to watch!
    I love and hate how you phrased that. But from their point of view, it's all about the $$$, and not art, creativity, entertainment, enchantment, and escape.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I liked Lindsey Price in 90210 how was she in this?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3710402;
    If the actor playing Darryl would quit trying to be the incarnation of Jack Nicholson and bring his own style to the part then I might find him a little more believable in the role (or maybe it's just me doing too much comparison?). I also couldn't see past Kyle XY being all grown up! Overall I enjoyed it but can't see it lasting as a series.
    I, too, was taken aback to see Kyle XY in such a grown up role...LOL. I missed this past season (waiting for netflix) but I see it must have been the last.

I am a fan of the movie, which was much creepier, and a huge fan of Charmed, so I was ready for a new witching series. I LOVED IT! I thought it was a wonderful weave from the town heritage fair to the telling of the town story to children to the ants replacing frogs as a harbinger of evil to the three women finding each other at the fountain of the three witches. Power of Three...here we go again.

I also loved the Darryl character...he was so slimy smooth in playing to each woman's wish at the fountain. Rebecca R is so rubinesque sexy, she oozes...beautiful...and dreams the future; superwoman with the glasses to cover her hypnotic eyes is luscious; and earth mother who can't get her tomatoes to stop growing, comes into her own. Each storyline has shown a realization of power possessed and it's only a matter of time before Darryl gets his comeuppance.

I loved the playful music and the writing. I hope it continues for some time to come.

ETA: I also loved the color palate, Velvet Red.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-25-2009 at 11:15 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I really enjoyed this show. I loved the New England scenery and fall foliage. Enjoyed the storyline.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was pleasantly surprised by this show too. I was prepared to hate it, but I didn't. I don't know if it's a "must-watch" show, but I think it'll definitely be a "must-tape" show.

Honestly I thought it was a little cliche and predictable but it was entertaining nonetheless. I'm looking forward to see where things will go.

It fills my Charmed void anyways .

Second show was much better without seeing it all in previews. I like this as much as I expected to.
    To all the critics who trashed it I say PPPPFFFFFFTTTTT! You just don't know how to enjoy a fun show.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast