+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Modern Family

Modern Family

Jay has grown children, grandchildren and a gorgeous young wife, who has a preteen son of her own; all together they must bridge generational, cultural and social gaps.
    I'm looking forward to this one, it looks really funny and I love the red-headed guy from The Class that was cancelled last year.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Re: Modern Family

They have received some critic accolades as the best new show this season. I am looking forward to it as well!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I already set my DVR since I'm a Glee Clubber but I look forward to seeing the show!

So far, first 5 minutes, this looks hillarious. The only thing I do not like, is the fast moving around camera work.

I loved it! Unfortunately, I did not record it.

Very, very good show.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I thought this was absolutely hilarious! When he did the lion king bit I literally burst out laughing. I hope it can stay the course with the wittiness.

I loved it...I hope it continues to be a great show.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3710002;
    I thought this was absolutely hilarious! When he did the lion king bit I literally burst out laughing. I hope it can stay the course with the wittiness.
    I laughed out loud several times, but that was my favorite moment. Very eclectic family. Favorite character is the red-haired son (from The Class, CBS show). Julie Bowen does well in comedy. Looks like she is pregnant and they have not written it into the script. I am glad they decided to not let it interfere, she is perfect as the daughter. It has been too long since Ed O'Neill has been in a weekly comedy. It was fun to watch.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3710081;
    I laughed out loud several times, but that was my favorite moment. Very eclectic family. Favorite character is the red-haired son (from The Class, CBS show). Julie Bowen does well in comedy. Looks like she is pregnant and they have not written it into the script. I am glad they decided to not let it interfere, she is perfect as the daughter. It has been too long since Ed O'Neill has been in a weekly comedy. It was fun to watch.
    Good catch! She confirmed that on The View.

The only reason that I checked this show out is because of her (LOST). I am very finicky about comedy shows (Seinfeld fan), and this one seems to be right up my alley.

I wish I had recorded it, because I couldn't watch with full attention (maybe it will be repeated?).

Can you fill me in? If Julie's character is the daughter, then she must be the sister of the redheaded son?

The actor playing Ed O'Neill's wife is excellent.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3710084;
    Good catch! She confirmed that on The View.

The only reason that I checked this show out is because of her (LOST). I am very finicky about comedy shows (Seinfeld fan), and this one seems to be right up my alley.

I wish I had recorded it, because I couldn't watch with full attention (maybe it will be repeated?).

Can you fill me in? If Julie's character is the daughter, then she must be the sister of the redheaded son?

The actor playing Ed O'Neill's wife is excellent.
    Correct, both play the children of Ed O'Neill's character; from a previous marriage. All they need is to bring Katy Sagal back as the Ex-wife....... that would be great.

I agree the new wife is perfect. This cast clicks well. Julie's husband is cool as the dad trying so hard to be cool, that he isn't. Thought the scene with the gun was so funny. Loved that it accidentally went off so the kid did realize that it hurts, and the boy wearing all those extra layers
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast