+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Modern Family

Re: Modern Family

Has anyone seen the trailers for Parenthood? Looks like a complete rip-off of Modern Family. (I never saw the movie it's based on, though. Maybe Modern Family is a rip-off of the movie? ) I'm looking forward to comparing the shows, although I just love, love, love Modern Family!!

I have seen the previews too. I'm not sure if I feel like it's a rip-off though. I think the thing to remember is that it was supposed to have originally aired at the same time MF started. However, it was delayed because the original leading lady (whom Lauren Graham replaced) was diagnosed with cancer.

I was howling at a few of the lines in tonight's show.

Loved the whole "Columbian and her little Brown friend"
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3863151;
    Loved the whole "Columbian and her little Brown friend"
    That was so funny! I love the writing on this show.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I have no idea which character I love the best. It probably depends on which episode I saw last!

I think my favorite epsiode and scene was the Valentine's Day episode when Claire and Phil (aka Clive) planned to meet, as strangers, in a hotel bar. The bar scene was hysterical, as well as when her coat got stuck in the escalator.

Or is my favorite the time when Manny was in the fencing tournament, playing for 1st place against a girl whose life seemed to be one tragedy after another? When Ed O'Neill's character (Jay) found out she was also lactose intolerant, I thought I'd die laughing when he deadpanned "Of course she is."
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 03-26-2010 at 04:46 PM.

It's really hard to pick a favorite, but Cameron might be mine. I also get a kick out of Alex.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I agree in that my favorite changes from week to week. I still laugh a lot at this show and think the writing is original. I loved Cameron this week when he screamed "I feel like I ate the sun" at the little latin restaurant.

I also roared at the whole scene with the Asian pediatrician telling them she didn't want to fall into the typical stereotype and then backed out of the driveway and crashed into 3 different things. Phil and Claire picking each other up in the bar was really funny. Phil is soooo out there and dorky.

Every character is funny in their own way. I would say my least favorite is the older daughter - too much attitude for me - I would have to smack the eyeroll right off her face! But when they threw the cupcakes away and made her make her own was priceless. The younger daughter cracks me up.

I'm so glad it's coming back.

I've missed a few episodes but recorded them. Tonight I watched some of it while on the phone, with the audio muted. It was hilarious, just visually! Hopefully I'll find the time to watch and listen to it. I love love love so many of these actors who play these characters: Phil, Cameron, Claire, omg I forgot Claire's brother's name. The one who plays Manny is brilliant; at his young age, being such an accomplished comedic actor...wow. He's going to go far in the biz.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Spoiler alert for West Coast people:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Modern Family won the Emmy for best comedy. WOO HOO!

+ Reply to Thread