+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Modern Family

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Modern Family

The 9 p.m. episode is new; the 8 p.m. episode is a rerun....from what my on-screen guide shows.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3757197;
    The 9 p.m. episode is new; the 8 p.m. episode is a rerun....from what my on-screen guide shows.
    Mine does too (now)! So glad I asked. I would have been plenty upset if I'd missed taping it. Thanks!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

My other new favorite show this season! All the characters are fantastic--even down to the kids-- they've got their comedic timing down pat and the writing is brilliant! Rewatching the episodes, they just get better and better and I don't think I've laughed so much in 30 minutes as I do with Modern Family. The scheduling of the BB gun punishment, the Lion King presentation of Lily, the ice dancing in the parking lot, teaching the daughter how to drive and realizing the GPS showed them in the middle of a park, Ed O'Neil outsmarting the granddaughter when she wanted to sneak out, etc., etc.-- stories that are all SO original!!

Who would have thought that the 2 best shows of the season would be opposite each other on Wed. nights ??
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I think everyone in this show is completely on point except for the child actor that plays Manny. Every line, especially the comedic ones, seem so thought out and fake when it comes to this kid. It surprised me that Entertainment Weekly included him on their "Hot" list, I consider him the weakest actor on the show. I know he's young and I'm in no way trying to pick on him but while everyone on this show comes off as natural to me, pretty much every line he says sounds like it's acting and like he's thinking too hard about trying to convey the necessary emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;3759693;
    I think everyone in this show is completely on point except for the child actor that plays Manny. Every line, especially the comedic ones, seem so thought out and fake when it comes to this kid. It surprised me that Entertainment Weekly included him on their "Hot" list, I consider him the weakest actor on the show. I know he's young and I'm in no way trying to pick on him but while everyone on this show comes off as natural to me, pretty much every line he says sounds like it's acting and like he's thinking too hard about trying to convey the necessary emotion.
    That's actually kind of the point with him. He's play a 40-year-old in a 10(?)-year-old's body, and I think he's doing an excellent job with it. A hyper-mature kid would come across as sort of stiff and mannered, not goofy and loose like a child.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3759907;
    That's actually kind of the point with him. He's play a 40-year-old in a 10(?)-year-old's body, and I think he's doing an excellent job with it. {snip}

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I should look the actors' names up (again) first, but the ones that play Mitchell and Cameron are possibly the best on the show.

Oh wait, there's Julie Bowen, Claire's husband's actor, Claire's older daughter's actor, Claire's older daughter's boyfriend's actor.. .oh, never mind.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3759907;
    That's actually kind of the point with him. He's play a 40-year-old in a 10(?)-year-old's body, and I think he's doing an excellent job with it. A hyper-mature kid would come across as sort of stiff and mannered, not goofy and loose like a child.
    He is, after all, a man of action

I saw a list a couple of days ago of the ten best television shows of the 21st century. With only 9 episodes under its belt, Modern Family came in at number ten. Now that is impressive, and a big round of applause for all involved.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3759992;
    He is, after all, a man of action
    Was that not the most adorable line you've heard in a while???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread