+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Modern Family

Re: Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3710002;
    I thought this was absolutely hilarious! When he did the lion king bit I literally burst out laughing.
    Me too; I didn't laugh at anything all week as hard as I laughed when that music started and Adoptive Dad was holding the baby in the air.

I watched it last night and found it very entertaining and quite funny. It didn't make me laugh out loud like Big Bang Theory does, but it may turn out to be my second favorite current sitcom.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

This is my favorite new show of the season. I hope they can keep up the laughs!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I loved when the red-haired son told his partner to "turn it down" during the Lion King scene. He said "I can't. This is who I am!" and the red-haired guy (wish I remembered names) said "No, the music."
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;3712984;
    I loved when the red-haired son told his partner to "turn it down" during the Lion King scene. He said "I can't. This is who I am!" and the red-haired guy (wish I remembered names) said "No, the music."

Ya know, I laughed at that the first time I watched it and then the second time I watched it I couldn't stop laughing. It just got funnier.

I totally loved this show. I'm a big fan of banter and when it's well-written AND well-acted, that's a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3713025;
    Ya know, I laughed at that the first time I watched it and then the second time I watched it I couldn't stop laughing. It just got funnier.

I totally loved this show. I'm a big fan of banter and when it's well-written AND well-acted, that's a bonus.
    I think the family clicked as well - each cast member fits their part well and they blended together IMO

I am looking forward to the comic relief of this show midweek.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I'm glad more good sitcoms are showing up..I haven't found a sitcom I liked as much as friends until big bang theory..and now there are a few I am starting to really like..I love keeping up with the hour dramas, but I love to laugh!
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Glad to see this has been well recieved over there! It took me a while to warm up to it but I just dissolved into hysterics towards the end of the show (again, especially the Lion King moment). It's nice to see ABC with some decent comedy!

I like the 3 family, 3 stories concept. The whole stealing the bike thing had me laughing. I could see me doing the same thing to "teach a lesson". The older father, young stepson ending was a definite Awwwww moment.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Two weeks in a row it was Laugh-Out-Loud funny!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread