+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Modern Family

Re: Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3710095;
    Correct, both play the children of Ed O'Neill's character; from a previous marriage. All they need is to bring Katy Sagal back as the Ex-wife....... that would be great.

I agree the new wife is perfect. This cast clicks well. Julie's husband is cool as the dad trying so hard to be cool, that he isn't. Thought the scene with the gun was so funny. Loved that it accidentally went off so the kid did realize that it hurts, and the boy wearing all those extra layers
    Yeah and the 15-year old's first b/f got shot too, and then Julie's hubby shot himself in the foot. (Well, it was just a pellet gun)

How twisted was it that the parents put it into the schedule (via computer) for their son to be shot as a form of discipline?

It's a semi-dark comedy (am I bad for liking that?) about a dysfunctional family.

Eventually I hope to learn the characters' names.

Ohhhh yeah. Katie would be great.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3710081;
    I laughed out loud several times, but that was my favorite moment. Very eclectic family. Favorite character is the red-haired son (from The Class, CBS show). Julie Bowen does well in comedy. Looks like she is pregnant and they have not written it into the script. I am glad they decided to not let it interfere, she is perfect as the daughter. It has been too long since Ed O'Neill has been in a weekly comedy. It was fun to watch.
    Richie Velch lives! I still miss The Class. He was hilarious on that show. The scene with the stripper pole was classic.

I popped over to see a bit of this during commercials from Glee. I'm definitely going to try to catch it online.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3710084;
    Good catch! She confirmed that on The View.

The only reason that I checked this show out is because of her (LOST). I am very finicky about comedy shows (Seinfeld fan), and this one seems to be right up my alley.

I wish I had recorded it, because I couldn't watch with full attention (maybe it will be repeated?).

Can you fill me in? If Julie's character is the daughter, then she must be the sister of the redheaded son?

The actor playing Ed O'Neill's wife is excellent.
    Good news! It is REPEATING FRIDAY NIGHT!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3710241;
    That's good because I had to choose two show from Criminal Minds, L&O: SVU and this...Modern Family lost. I really wish they'd move it to another night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3710095;
    All they need is to bring Katy Sagal back as the Ex-wife....... that would be great.
    You can't have her--has a great role on Sons of Anarchy
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3710241;
    Lucky you! It's not listed in my area. I'm just glad that I caught most of it.

A funny coincidence:

BION, I've never seen "The Lion King". "Dancing With The Stars" had a performance by the Broadway cast last night, and they did "that" scene. So when "Modern Family" also did it (later last night), I was able to recognize it.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I am loving this-I also switched between Glee and this. Great entertainment!!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

At least they only hit me over the head with the obvious a few times; and there weren't any throw-away lines, and for me it was a surprise that they were all one family. A couple of the cut-aways were confusing, and projecting the Grand Entrance was a bit much. I'm going to give a couple more tries to see if "I" jell with it. Sorry to be a downer. I found it okay, but I didn't laugh out loud or find it quirky.

I enjoyed it a lot. It reminds me of a another show that was on a couple of years ago about a large family always bickering. There was a little girl, kind of like an Ugly Betty character, and my mind has gone blank on the actors. I liked that show a lot too but it got canceled so I hope this one is given a chance.

I love seeing Ed O'Neill again and he plays politically incorrect parts so well - "Lily? Won't that be hard for her to pronounce?" and calling her a little potsticker . It's nice to see so many actors bounce back into other roles.

I don't see Cougar Town lasting though. I love Courtney Cox but that ones going to be a tough sell week after week.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I was part of a test pilot audience for this show. Didn't get to see it last night.
    I loved the Ed O'Neill character; he's always been a favorite of mine. Don't like the woman who plays his wife; she's too over the top for me and the majority of the test audience. The gay couple and the straight couple were both well played, IMO. There were some funny moments but, overall, not enough to pull me away from Criminal Minds or SVU.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast