+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NCIS: Los Angeles

NCIS: Los Angeles

new show deserves a thread of it's own, then there is no sifting and sorting in the NCIS thread.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Re: Ncis:la

I hate that I dont have tivo, I only got to see bits and pieces of this show, but I may try to go onlline to watch it. It seemed pretty interesting, what I saw...
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I was not impressed with last nights premiere. I like everyone in the cast, especially Linda Hunt! I am still blown away by the House premiere though, and I think I may be too critical of other show premiers. I am not about to remove this show from my DVR schedule, it was still enjoyable; but I thought the spin off episodes on NCIS were more enjoyable. I liked the faster pace of the previous shows. Last night felt, a little uncomfortable with the cast. Not that lovable connection that exists amongst the NCIS cast. O'Donnell and LL Cool J are great - they seem to be co-bosses to me. Very strong in the lead/Gibbs role; which I think is actually Hunt's position..... no? Or is she the Director?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Who is John Galt?

It just lacked something for me. The characters on NCIS are so strong and have such an almost unbreakable bond with each other, that this show seems pallid to me. I like the actors and the characters, but I think we have to get to know them better so we can care about them and that may take time.

I have to agree they are going to have to do better to hold my interest. Remember when NCIS first started and Gibbs was all mysterious? They are trying to make Callen that character and I don't think they really need to do that.
    What happened to Macey? I did love the addition to the itty bitty lady, I don't know her name but she is very recognizable.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3710048;
    I have to agree they are going to have to do better to hold my interest. Remember when NCIS first started and Gibbs was all mysterious? They are trying to make Callen that character and I don't think they really need to do that.
    What happened to Macey? I did love the addition to the itty bitty lady, I don't know her name but she is very recognizable.
    Academy award winner Linda Hunt. Best Supporting Actress in The Year of Living Dangerously. (1983). I guess I am dating myself here, you might possibly have not even been born yet.

Did you notice the duffel bag had Callen, G.? It made me wonder if perhaps he found/stole the duffel bag first, and then decided to call himself G. Isn't he the master of all disguises character?
    How could someone go through years in an orphanage, and only go by the name "G" with no one telling him his actual name, or what it stands for?

I like Geoff so that's what I will be thinking every time someone calls him G.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fanatic

i think someone mentioned in the ncis thread that macy was left out because of negative reviews from the 2 epi during ncis late last season. if that was the case dont know why. i liked her...and liked her when she was on csi:lv as a cop.

it was a little off but room for improvement. agree about secret agency with LOTS of workers....didnt seem real. ending was predictable though. but i usually figure out everything within half hour.

i thought callen was in the military with gibbs back then. dont know but i thought it was implied when gibbs met with callen at the beach last season in ncis. or was it something else. i thought he knew the story about gibbs and macy but played dumb about it. macy was a military officer (or jag or something) who figured out gibbs went after his wife & daughter's killer and tried to go after him but didnt have any proof. gibbs and callen was all close and buddy buddy. so im assuming he has some military bg. and looks like ll cool j has military bg too...seals or was it ranger.

love Linda Hunt. but yeah who's the leader/boss for ncis:la. macy was their go to leader the 2 intro epi. now she's gone and brought in hunt as something like a office manager/mama hen type.

i dont know but somewhat bothers me is the casualness in clothing. i know its la, southern cali and all but comp tech wearing cargo shorts and sandals/slippers/fllip-flop was a little over the top. a little too casual for a ncis secret agency. minor and im nitpicking but still.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

I did notice that Rocky Carroll (Director Vance) is listed as a cast member for this show as well as NCIS. So, I am guessing that since they brought him in a couple times on the big screen, that Vance is "the" director for both teams. I am thinking that Cool and Chris are the co-Gibbs.
    Christopher Reeve

I was so looking forward to this show as I love NCIS but I was very disappointed. It had no flow or context with the original and seemed very out of place. I could not reconcile the fact the main office where the director works (NCIS) is so far behind in gismos and gadget, the new show looks like it is 5 years ahead and have their own Q. The casual closes, the boutique feel to their office, the lack of senior (over 40 year old) staff - just all of it seemed so off.

Quote Originally Posted by MotivesCanada;3711138;
    I could not reconcile the fact the main office where the director works (NCIS) is so far behind in gismos and gadget, the new show looks like it is 5 years ahead and have their own Q.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Throughout the episode where they were originally introduced, I was irritated with the scenes of McGee salivating over their technology. It makes no sense that Vance would be stationed in the facility that appears to be so behind the times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast