+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NCIS: Los Angeles

Re: NCIS: Los Angeles

OMG! Sam is married and has a kid??? Wow, that's never even been hinted at.

LOL I watched the show tonight and was quite surprised at the ending. I figured he had second thoughts after he got off the plane with that woman....something was definitely off. Then when he went home....woah! I never knew that! Had it ever been part of a storyline? I have watched the show on and off, so I know I have missed a few, but this was all news to me!

I could be wrong, but I think we've very briefly seen Sam's family before. It would have been in one of the first few episodes, or it may have actually been in Ledgend: Part 2 of NCIS...the two episodes that spawned NCIS: Los Angeles. I know I've seen them because I was beginning to think he had divorced since he never mentions them nor do we ever get to see them. So needless to say, I was happy to see his family last night.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Yep, Sam having a wife and a kid sure was a shocker to me. I've been watching since the beginning and don't recall him ever mentioning family, but then again, I have missed episodes here and there.

Delphinidae, cute baby!

I'm glad I came here. I was trying to rack my brain last night at the end when they showed Sam with his family. I couldn't remember if they'd shown/talked about them before. It feels like he's always with the crew that there'd be oh so little time for a family.

According to a fan site, Sam's family has been shown before, but it was a really long time ago.

Hated, hated, hated the Seal Team story shown of March 27, 2012.

The timeline made no sense 7 hours to break a case don't buy it, don't believe it. And in the end when Hattie was going whole hog about bringing the team to justice until she saw them in action. Screamed unbelievable. Both Hattie and Callan have served the country in very dangerous situations and they are not stupid and understand the grey shades of justice. Also the disdain for anyone not a Seal and how only Seals can understand Honor and Integrity is insulting to all the other branches of the armed forces as well as those who serve in other capacities. Stupid script, stupid writer, stupid episode, stupid show runner and stupid producers. Also stupid TV Guide reviewer who indicated this would be a good episode to watch. How much money were you given to write that review? Better they burn this episode and anything to do with it then ever air it again.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree, Bearcata. This is one of many scripts from the NCIS franchise (this was a NCIS:LA script) where liberties abound. The one that still sticks in my craw is the first episode of season seven of NCIS when Tony and McGee drag Ziva out of the terriorist cell and minutes after shooting the bad guy from a far away hill, Gibbs greets them in a hallway and says, "Let's go home." ARGHH.

I love the characters in both shows, but the plot writing stinks. Oh - and another family member is drawn into an investigation when this past Tues Vance's brother in law commited a crime against a navy guy on leave. I hate when shows do that - it just seems lazy. We've had McGee's grandmother, Tony's father, Ziva's bother and father and Gibb's father. Sorry for the rant...but now the personal lives on NCIS:LA are also being brought into plots...Callen's background took over the end of last season and the beginning of this season; and it goes on and on. How about some good investigative work on cases where family members are not involved.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

omg! So many awesome moments that it will be interesting to see where the take it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I'm very curious to see how this plays out next season. There was a lot of backstory this season and that was carried through. A fairly high body count, but I have to say I wasn't devastated to see Hunter go. I did love the line to Hetty about "How many did you meet in orphanages".

+ Reply to Thread