+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NCIS: Los Angeles

Re: Ncis: La

I thought it was good last night too. Love Abby, but even the interaction of the LA characters is getting better.
    the scene at the end with Callum and Hattie was quite touching to me.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I thought it was good last night too. Love Abby, but even the interaction of the LA characters is getting better.
    the scene at the end with Callum and Hattie was quite touching to me.
    My husband wanted to know when Callum became head agent...and I couldn't tell him! Does anyone know?

And I thought last night's show was good, too.

I think he always has been, it just wasn't obvious. Sam Hanna was named "Special Agent Hanna" in the prior episode (or the one before that) making it obvious he had just reached that status. When G recognized Sam's promotion by addressing him that way at the end of the episode...... I got the impression he already had the title of "Special Agent", since each week Hattie mentions "Mr Callen is in charge", after she has explains the details of each new case... I assume he is either the senior special agent, or his official title is "Special Agent in Charge". However, G. Callen just isn't in to titles.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Abby was adorable and it's about time she gets a love interest again! Too bad Eric is a whole county away.
    Not to be nit-picky but... The office manager's name is Hetty... just remember its short for Henrietta. It was funny last week when Hetty mentioned that her predecessor (Macy) was sent away because of some error she made.. I think it was a budgetary error.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Hetty (Henrietta) has been revealed to be more than an office manager, imo. This past episode (the one with the adorable Abby) and when she was in D.C. caused me to think of her as an Operations Manager. She makes the assignments and makes sure the agents have what they need to successfully complete them. See my signature line for the interaction between her and G at the end of the Abby episode.

P.S. I'm very glad she made mention of her predecessor as I wondered what happened to her after the cross-over teaser episode last season. Obviously they decided to cast away from the middle aged woman with emotional baggage and go for the quirky older woman with a fascinating background in espionage. It was nice, though, for the writers to tie up that thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3760241;
    Hetty (Henrietta) has been revealed to be more than an office manager, imo. This past episode (the one with the adorable Abby) and when she was in D.C. caused me to think of her as an Operations Manager. She makes the assignments and makes sure the agents have what they need to successfully complete them. See my signature line for the interaction between her and G at the end of the Abby episode.

P.S. I'm very glad she made mention of her predecessor as I wondered what happened to her after the cross-over teaser episode last season. Obviously they decided to cast away from the middle aged woman with emotional baggage and go for the quirky older woman with a fascinating background in espionage. It was nice, though, for the writers to tie up that thread.
    She also is the person that does "the briefing" each week, and turns over (assigns) the case to the special agent in charge..... so she does seem to be far more than office manager. The fact that she has VIP friends, (might even be considered to be a bit of a VIP herself considering her many "connections") and gave the nod to Macy as predecessor, does imply (to me) that her position is significant, (even if not clear cut).

I absolutely love her, and consider her to be a major part of the success of this show! (IMO)
    On a personal note, I noticed that she lives in LA with her spouse of 22 years, and their "three canine kids".
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Well, I was late DVR viewing last weeks episode (when Dominic went missing) until this weekend. I don't know what to think......... I liked Dom, the naive newbie always doing his best, but he does seem to "disappear" into the woodwork in most episodes. I don't know if that is the actor/character's personality, or if the writing doesn't offer him much. At times though, it has seemed to me as if the show has too many characters.

He isn't dead, well not yet at least - since the nurse Claudia said he was only grazed by a bullet and she fixed that...... but the way G lingered over his case followup in entering "missing", and the disappointment and frustration shown by teammates.... I got the impression he is gone from the show. Anyone else think he may be back in a continuing story? I hope so, I like newbies.
    Christopher Reeve

I read that he is indeed gone from the show, but that they are supposed to finish the story line sometime in the season.

Ah, that's too bad. I was warming up to the geek-agent. And yes, from the ending to the episode, I got the feeling that there would be a follow-up, just not right away.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

He was the sweet probie character, but he just didn't stand out. I wonder now, if the position will remain unfilled? Didn't Hetty say that his position had a high turn-over? Something was said a long time ago...... I just don't remember it well now.

Too bad, that will be a sad episode. I hope if they keep the position and replace the character...... they find someone very spunky, and quirky maybe a female agent to flirt with Eric?
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread