+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NCIS: Los Angeles

FORT Fogey

Re: Ncis:la

Extra had a segment last night on the best/most successful new tv shows (as well as the least successful) and their expert said that this show is the most successful of all the new shows.

Loved the origami bird/swan/duck that LL Cool was making while Chris munched on Tootsie-pops! Hattie is very lovable...... I am enjoying this show more, as I grow more fond of the characters.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Last night CBS touted NCIS as the #1 Rated Show and NCIS LA as the #1 Rated NEW Show.

This episode had a tighter feel to it than previous episodes. The mission was defined and each member of the team had something to contribute. I really liked the humor at the beginning with the Facebook discussions...especially when the team shrink denigrated social web sites and Hetty chimes in her congratulations. She was number 250 and later Vance was revealed to be number 500. Tight writing so the joke carried throughout their morning routine. Also tight writing with the lollipop origami - and the tying together with Hetty's comment at the close of the show.

They must have brought in a comedy writer to liven things up, because in my opinion, they are getting there.

Re: Ncis: La

October 20, 2009 - episode - North Korean assasin

I normally don't watch this show but did last night because of the overlap of the origanal NCIS. This episode had so many plot holes you could drive a truck through.

First the age of the North Korean assasin, for a character who is a minimum of 48 - 50yrs old the actress player her looked in her 20's. Big disconnect.

Second, a professional assasin doesn't know any better but to keep driving the same car over and over again.

Third, a professional assasin doesn't know about GPS on cell phones and wouldn't know how to counteract it.

Fourth, the camera at the marina. That is so bogus. Those cameras rotate, they are not 360 degrees. Amazing how the camera always catches the person they are looking for. That just does not happen in real life. If this is marina they probably have their own independent system. How in the world would NCIS hack into it.

Fifth, with a high powered rifle that she had, why in the world did the assasin have to be in the parking garage across from the brother's apartment? Or in the marina?

Sixth, lets not get started on the NCIS agent who supposedly can read lips.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3733068;
    October 20, 2009 - episode - North Korean assasin

I normally don't watch this show but did last night because of the overlap of the origanal NCIS. This episode had so many plot holes you could drive a truck through.
    I especially enjoyed the "she got out of the car, there were six possible exits she could have left through". Um...maybe all you superagents could just go follow the trail of BLOOD???

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3733208;
    I especially enjoyed the "she got out of the car, there were six possible exits she could have left through". Um...maybe all you superagents could just go follow the trail of BLOOD???
    Naw she had superabsorbent feminine pads that she stuck in her wounds and that stopped the bleeding. After all she has been super assassin for 3 decades.

I guess since Abby was back on the East Coast they had no one who could analyze the blood splatter. Where is CSI when you need them? Oh, right, NYC, Vegas and Miami.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I know. I really had to suspend belief especially when they discovered the bloody EMPTY car. Thick heads all around...why didn't they find the point where she rolled out of the car? It couldn't have been too far back in the garage because the car made a straight line drive down the exit. There had to be a big blood splotch on the concrete; then they should have followed the drops to find either her or the one of six exits she could have used.

Plot is all razzle dazzle and the only character I've grown to love is Hetty. But, then...how does she KNOW everything? I guess I love that she is mysterious.

Also...when did Abby start calling Director Vance, Leon? Her segments didn't seem like her normal self.

Now I'm going over to the NCIS thread to wonder how a slip of a girl moved a muscled man from the garage to the driveway, then hefted him into the car without ANY of the neighbors being any wiser - especially with a snoop across the street.

Frustrated.

This is probably because the same guy (Shane Brennan) is trying to watch over both shows simultaneously. It is too much. So, now we will get a weakening of both shows ...... instead of one really good strong one.

But, TV is about suspending disbelief anyway, so I guess it is what it is.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I didn't mind last night's show. Of course Callum is going to end up buying the house that was once "home". LL is just too frikkin hot!
    The huge shrink sitting at Hettie's teeny, tiny desk was hilarious. The one eye of the actress that plays Kensi kept throwing me off, I was wondering if she was blind in her right eye, I checked out IMBD today and as it turns out that is a birthmark in her right eye. FYI she won the first season of the Portuguese version of Dancing With the Stars.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Last nights episode was IMO, the best one yet. I am a huge Abby fan and love how she was brought in for last nights episode.

+ Reply to Thread