+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NCIS: Los Angeles

Re: Ncis:la

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle_Juice;3711640;
    I couldn't agree with you more. Throughout the episode where they were originally introduced, I was irritated with the scenes of McGee salivating over their technology. It makes no sense that Vance would be stationed in the facility that appears to be so behind the times.
    Well, I am trying to rationalize this and remember what was said at end of last season....

But, NCIS: LA is (I think) a secret branch. I remember McGee wanting the hi-tech stuff as well, but government being government ..... they will not be expected to add something like that to their NCIS budget easily. I thought McGee was going to make a request for it, but likely to be denied.

The whole idea of NCIS:LA is they are a secret, James Bond type organization, within this country. It is fantasy, so even though the technology they use is available, they take it up a notch to make it seem more James Bondish.

I think "Heddy" (Linda Hunt) is supposed to be their first in command after the Director. But, I could be wrong on all of this. It's been so long since I read any of the press releases regarding this off-shoot.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3711687;
    I think "Heddy" (Linda Hunt) is supposed to be their first in command after the Director.
    I'm pretty sure she's the office manager, she keeps them in line LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I've finally gotten to watch this.. and I'm underwhelmed. That is not to say I didn't like it, but that I didn't LOVE it. I expected to be blown away by it, but I wasn't. I expected to fall in like with the cast, but I didn't. I'm hoping and praying it gets better because I do really like all the casts members, but I'm not loving their acting and how they're interacting just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3712632;
    I've finally gotten to watch this.. and I'm underwhelmed. That is not to say I didn't like it, but that I didn't LOVE it. I expected to be blown away by it, but I wasn't. I expected to fall in like with the cast, but I didn't. I'm hoping and praying it gets better because I do really like all the casts members, but I'm not loving their acting and how they're interacting just yet.
    Exactly, the cast haven't yet clicked as a team, and until they do - then I am not sure that I will be a fan of the show. I do believe in giving a show a good try, and will most likely watch as much of the season as will be given.

Have no idea what the numbers were on this season premiere, but more importantly will be whether viewership increases or decreases.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

It's not just the chemistry of the characters - the show just blows chunks.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3712632;
    That's my thought on this show as well. You put it into words much better than I could. Watched it again last night and I still don't know, they seem almost too layed back compared to the original show. In the original show McGee, Dinozo and Gibbs all dress professional, in this one they are dressed to go out with their buddies for a beer. If that is supposed to be the premise then maybe they should have explained that better for the viewers to understand.

The only time the second show interested me was when Linda Hunt (Hetty) was on screen. They've moved her from guest starring status in the first show to regular cast member in the second. Her all-seeing, all-knowing persona with the interesting vocabulary now places her as more than an office manager, and more like a station manager. She is Yoda and the "little Ninja" as Callen called her all rolled into one.

I'll watch again for her bits, but so far...the remainder of the cast has not thrilled me.

FORT Regular

I've liked both episodes of this show - the characters, laid-back attitude, dialogue/interaction, actual actors, etc. - perhaps because I've never watched NCIS, so I'm not comparing this spin-off with the original. Looking forward to next week...

This show is beginning to grow on me. I'm liking it more and more each week. I guess it was a matter of getting to know the characters. The producers were clever casting Linda Hamilton in a quirky character role from the first episode. She was the hook for those of us with doubts (mainly me) about how they could successfully spin of a show from NCIS.

I watched, I liked Linda Hunt. As for the rest, blah.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread