+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Forgotten

The Forgotten

Anyone else watching this? It's about a group of people who try to find the identities of unidentified bodies to help solve their murders. It has Christian Slater, which I will admit is a big reason I am watching.

I like it so foar, it has promise. I hope it continues.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Re: The Forgotten

I watched it. It does have an interesting premise, but it needs a little something more from the characters. They are not showing enough to grab me yet, not like Castle, or Mentalist, or Criminal Minds, or Burn Notice, or Leverage. I will give it another chance next week. I see potential for interesting stories and it's a new concept.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks for starting this thread dagwood I looked the other day to see if anyone started it, then forgot about it till last night.

I watched the show. I saw the previews the other day which caught my eye. I just learned a couple of weeks ago, that there are volunteers across the world who work together online, in trying to identify bodies. There are boards that dedicate their whole mission just on that very thing. It surprised me, because I've never heard of such a thing, next thing you know, there's a TV show.

I enjoyed it, spooky, but I like that sort of real life crime drama.

I'll continue to watch!

Wow--so there are real life groups looking to identify these people who are unknown! I liked the show last last night and appreciate the work these people are doing in RL.

Who is John Galt?

It is another version of Cold Case, but the cases are more recent. I like it better than the NCIS-LA premier.

I liked it. There was something haunting about it... in a good way. It kept me captivated and interested in it. I will keep it in my que for now.

I liked it as well. Don't know if I'll watch every episode, but definitely when I have time or in re-reuns.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I found last night's episode to be very good. The main characters started to gell for me and the story was quite compelling. I'll continue to watch this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I thought it was okay, but I didn't find myself wanting to know anything else about the main characters. The case was interesting enough, but it's probably not something I'd tune into every week and I probably wouldn't miss anything if I skipped a few weeks. I enjoy procedural/cop shows where, not only is there a case, but there's also an ongoing story with the characters, like with Bones or Castle. Maybe they're working up to that on this show.

It got a bit too corny for me when the victim was narrating over her own funeral at the end and talking about how another kind of family helped her come home. *gag* It is Jerry Bruckheimer after all and he's not known for his subtlety.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread