+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Community on NBC

Re: Community on NBC

I agree they do, but unlike some other shows they seem to refer to it often in a clever way. This show's gotten stronger as the season's progressed and I'm so glad I stuck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3904076;
    I agree they do, but unlike some other shows they seem to refer to it often in a clever way.
    Yeah, it has a similar tone to The Soup. Does it have any of the same writing staff?

"Did you know that Go-Gurt is just yogurt?"

I'm worried about Community. I've heard it's not doing so well in the ratings, but I find it hilarious. Tonight's chloroform scene made me laugh out loud, and that rarely happens with TV.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Hepcat, I know! I was actually laughing out loud about the chloroform bit! Very funny!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Community is in a terrible time slot now that Big Bang is against it, I think. Though my personal choice is to dump Big Bang and DVR Community and Bones (and I could watch Community on demand and I can't Big Bang) because I just plainly like those two better and want catch them when I get home.

I read some blog last week that was beside itself because the first episode of Community effectively nixed a Jeff-Britta/Jeff-Annie relationship future and that was it's downfall. For me, I'm glad that's off the table for now. I almost gave up on the series at the outset because I thought the Jeff-Britta stuff was forced. Granted, I may grow weary of the Senor Chang stuff, but that doesn't ruin it for me. And I freakin' love Donny Glover. If you're a fan of Community, hie thee to The Mystery Team ASAP. You will laugh so hard you'll think you'd had an ab work-out.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4074023;
    Community is in a terrible time slot now that Big Bang is against it, I think. Though my personal choice is to dump Big Bang and DVR Community and Bones (and I could watch Community on demand and I can't Big Bang) because I just plainly like those two better and want catch them when I get home.

I read some blog last week that was beside itself because the first episode of Community effectively nixed a Jeff-Britta/Jeff-Annie relationship future and that was it's downfall. For me, I'm glad that's off the table for now. I almost gave up on the series at the outset because I thought the Jeff-Britta stuff was forced. Granted, I may grow weary of the Senor Chang stuff, but that doesn't ruin it for me. And I freakin' love Donny Glover. If you're a fan of Community, hie thee to The Mystery Team ASAP. You will laugh so hard you'll think you'd had an ab work-out.
    I agree---I've got two VRCs AND I stay home on Thursdays... And here I thought I'd finally get a break when Survivor moved to Weds., and they put Big Bang in there!

It would have been better off at 9:30 after the Office instead of that awful Outsourced show. I miss Parks & Recreation, too.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4074595;
    It would have been better off at 9:30 after the Office instead of that awful Outsourced show. I miss Parks & Recreation, too.
    Was P&R cancelled, moved, delayed? Right after Rob Lowe left Brothers & Sisters to be on it?
    Ok, wandering from Community--I AM surprised it hasn't gotten more recognition...of course I was surprised that it took forever for Big Bang to get recognition, but Com. doesn't have the built in geek fan base that will support a GOOD relevant show.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4074600;
    Was P&R cancelled, moved, delayed? Right after Rob Lowe left Brothers & Sisters to be on it?
    Ok, wandering from Community--I AM surprised it hasn't gotten more recognition...of course I was surprised that it took forever for Big Bang to get recognition, but Com. doesn't have the built in geek fan base that will support a GOOD relevant show.
    The current plan is for P&R to start airing again in January. Though if Outsourced gets cancelled, they may start airing earlier *please let Outsourced be cancelled, please let Outsourced be cancelled, please...*
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4074802;
    The current plan is for P&R to start airing again in January. Though if Outsourced gets cancelled, they may start airing earlier *please let Outsourced be cancelled, please let Outsourced be cancelled, please...*
    Thanks for the info!

+ Reply to Thread