+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Community on NBC

Re: Community on NBC

I agree they do, but unlike some other shows they seem to refer to it often in a clever way. This show's gotten stronger as the season's progressed and I'm so glad I stuck with it!

Brandy

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3904076;
    I agree they do, but unlike some other shows they seem to refer to it often in a clever way.
    Yeah, it has a similar tone to The Soup. Does it have any of the same writing staff?

"Did you know that Go-Gurt is just yogurt?"

I'm worried about Community. I've heard it's not doing so well in the ratings, but I find it hilarious. Tonight's chloroform scene made me laugh out loud, and that rarely happens with TV.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Hepcat, I know! I was actually laughing out loud about the chloroform bit! Very funny!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Community is in a terrible time slot now that Big Bang is against it, I think. Though my personal choice is to dump Big Bang and DVR Community and Bones (and I could watch Community on demand and I can't Big Bang) because I just plainly like those two better and want catch them when I get home.

I read some blog last week that was beside itself because the first episode of Community effectively nixed a Jeff-Britta/Jeff-Annie relationship future and that was it's downfall. For me, I'm glad that's off the table for now. I almost gave up on the series at the outset because I thought the Jeff-Britta stuff was forced. Granted, I may grow weary of the Senor Chang stuff, but that doesn't ruin it for me. And I freakin' love Donny Glover. If you're a fan of Community, hie thee to The Mystery Team ASAP. You will laugh so hard you'll think you'd had an ab work-out.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;4074023;
    Community is in a terrible time slot now that Big Bang is against it, I think. Though my personal choice is to dump Big Bang and DVR Community and Bones (and I could watch Community on demand and I can't Big Bang) because I just plainly like those two better and want catch them when I get home.

I read some blog last week that was beside itself because the first episode of Community effectively nixed a Jeff-Britta/Jeff-Annie relationship future and that was it's downfall. For me, I'm glad that's off the table for now. I almost gave up on the series at the outset because I thought the Jeff-Britta stuff was forced. Granted, I may grow weary of the Senor Chang stuff, but that doesn't ruin it for me. And I freakin' love Donny Glover. If you're a fan of Community, hie thee to The Mystery Team ASAP. You will laugh so hard you'll think you'd had an ab work-out.
    I agree---I've got two VRCs AND I stay home on Thursdays... And here I thought I'd finally get a break when Survivor moved to Weds., and they put Big Bang in there!

It would have been better off at 9:30 after the Office instead of that awful Outsourced show. I miss Parks & Recreation, too.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4074595;
    It would have been better off at 9:30 after the Office instead of that awful Outsourced show. I miss Parks & Recreation, too.
    Was P&R cancelled, moved, delayed? Right after Rob Lowe left Brothers & Sisters to be on it?
    Ok, wandering from Community--I AM surprised it hasn't gotten more recognition...of course I was surprised that it took forever for Big Bang to get recognition, but Com. doesn't have the built in geek fan base that will support a GOOD relevant show.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4074600;
    Was P&R cancelled, moved, delayed? Right after Rob Lowe left Brothers & Sisters to be on it?
    Ok, wandering from Community--I AM surprised it hasn't gotten more recognition...of course I was surprised that it took forever for Big Bang to get recognition, but Com. doesn't have the built in geek fan base that will support a GOOD relevant show.
    The current plan is for P&R to start airing again in January. Though if Outsourced gets cancelled, they may start airing earlier *please let Outsourced be cancelled, please let Outsourced be cancelled, please...*
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. - H.L. Mencken .

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4074802;
    The current plan is for P&R to start airing again in January. Though if Outsourced gets cancelled, they may start airing earlier *please let Outsourced be cancelled, please let Outsourced be cancelled, please...*
    Thanks for the info!

+ Reply to Thread