+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tonight Show - NBC (formerly The Jay Leno Show)

Re: Jay Leno's New Show

Quote Originally Posted by MrMet;3792044;
    Chances are, many of those 10pm shows would have been canceled anyway. When NBC made the move, they had two motivations. One of course was keeping Leno from going to a competing network. But the other reason was that their prime line up, especially 10pm shows, were not doing well. ER was going away, because producers and the network had decided it ran its course. Medium found a new home. The Law and Order shows have found other time slots on NBC's line up. So they didn't really cancel much of anything (unless you count Medium). They simply did not seek out more replacements for a very weak lineup.
    They canceled Southland before the season even started and the first season had pretty good ratings and good reviews.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I'm still annoyed about Southland being cancelled. I emailled NBC and complained about it when it happened. I know it got picked up by TNT, but I don't get that station, so I'm out of luck.

Conan is ripping off the NBC jokes one by one tonight. No holding back.....
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3793523;
    Conan is ripping off the NBC jokes one by one tonight. No holding back.....
    Letterman is doing even more (this is Letterman's first show taping since this story broke).

Not only is Letterman TOTALLY mocking NBC non-stop (for like... 20 minutes straight), he's also TOTALLY ripping on Jay Leno personally.

And are we surprised? Leno made that viscous comment the other day about wishing he'd slept with his staffers. This is Dave sensing payback, and you know... a MEAN Letterman is a funny Letterman.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3792061;
    I'm still annoyed about Southland being cancelled. I emailled NBC and complained about it when it happened. I know it got picked up by TNT, but I don't get that station, so I'm out of luck.
    I'm sure if you google something like "watch southland episodes online" you'll find a good site
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

tv.gawker.com has Conan, Letterman and Ferguson's total eviscerations of NBC and Jay up on their site now. They're all in one post there which should be pretty easy to find (its on the front page of tv.gawker.com).

A bit further down, they also have Jay's REALLY lame attempt tonight to paint himself as some kind of victim in this. He just comes off like an idiot.

Letterman's is especially viscous, but as I said before its certainly no surprise after Leno's cheap shot at Dave the other day.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3792019;
    Some of the shows getting top consideration for the ten o'clock prime-time slot on NBC:

Quote:
    1. Monday: Law and OrderóTraffic Enforcement Unit
    2. Tuesday: Law and OrderóMarriage License Bureau
    3. Wednesday: Law and OrderóWater and Sewer Department
    4. Thursday: Law and OrderóZoning Violations
    5. Friday: Law and OrderóSmall Claims Court

You never know with NBC--it could happen!
    All better than Leno at 10.
    Heard there might be a Los Angeles version of L & O (nicknamed LOLA - no, not joking).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fan

Conan is done at NBC.

Conan O’Brien Says He Won’t Host ‘Tonight Show’ Following Leno - Media Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com

Now what if Jay Leno quits too, rather than looking like a bad guy for taking back the Tonight Show?

Quote Originally Posted by norm;3794185;
    Conan is done at NBC.

Conan O’Brien Says He Won’t Host ‘Tonight Show’ Following Leno - Media Decoder Blog - NYTimes.com

Now what if Jay Leno quits too, rather than looking like a bad guy for taking back the Tonight Show?
    Geez, I don't blame Conan for being mad if they had promised him the Tonight Show slot for the last 6 years. That is a loooong time to wait for that spot. Who knows how many other offers he had during that time?

It will be interesting to see if Leno wants it back.

I can't stand Leno. Not only do I not find him remotely funny it seems as though virtually everything on his show is copied from somewhere else.
    I don't think there's a single original thought among him and the writing team.

He should have just gone when he said he was going to go and left the way clear for Conan.
    He's coming off like Barbara Walters, doesn't know when to call it a day and can't bear the thought of not being on tv any longer.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread