+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tonight Show - NBC (formerly The Jay Leno Show)

FORT Fogey

Re: Jay Leno's New Show

Wow--I didn't realize that Southland would have to be on so early. That definitely is an adult-theme show.

______________________________ ______________

Inside Edition did a story on Jay's first shows and their reception. Most of the reviews they quoted said things like "Same old thing" and "Too boring to be interesting."

USA Today gave it a negative review which surprised me.

FORT Newbie

I think this was dumb of NBC... Every single night the 10 o'clock spot with Leno... did they really have nothing else to fill... I would have been happy with more chuck or any other show... no more channel surfing to NBC at 10 it will always be the same thing...

FORT Fogey

On the entertainment news today --the ratings for the show went from 18% the first night to 10% the second night.

So Tooliveforhim--I think a lot of people are with you on this.

Including me.

FORT Fogey

Somehow being on every night at 11:30 does not translate well to 10:00. Not sure why, but I think Jay and the writers need to go back to the drawing board and rethink the format. Doubt they can get a blockbuster guest every night of the week, and the comedy bits by the other guys just have not been very funny. And I am a Leno fan!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

As long as they saved my favs, like L&O:SVU I'm ok with Jay at 10, whom I'll never watch---I've got too many shows I want to watch/tape as it is now , but I certainly hope they don't get watered down too much at 9. I've hopes it won't make much difference as the concept of the family hour has pretty much gone by the boards these days... and, anyway, that was supposed to be 8-9, not 9-10 (Eastern time). If they can have a show like How I Met Your Mother, with all its sexual innuendo, at 8pm I don't think the 8 am slot is too sacred these days.

Leno has been INCREDIBLY lame thus far, but tonight? Pee Wee Herman.

I'm there!

He's certainly not very 10PM-ish though. He's not even 11:30, he's like... 12:30.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Premium Member

Ugh Pee Wee Herman. Make him go away.

FORT Fanatic

is he still doing the pee wee character like "before" [in the 80's]? if so, where/why? children's tv...

FORT Fanatic

does anyone know if leno is now doing headlines at the END of the show instead of the beginning? we watched a couple weeks ago and were forced to sit thru the entire show to see the headlines. we didn't watch last nite.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3713933;
    does anyone know if leno is now doing headlines at the END of the show instead of the beginning? we watched a couple weeks ago and were forced to sit thru the entire show to see the headlines. we didn't watch last nite.

thanks
    Yup, since the show started he has moved HEADLINES to the very end. Leno did Headlines last night.

I am still on the fence about the show. Hubby and I loved Leno @11:30pm but this seems to be a different Leno @10pm.

+ Reply to Thread